20% Drink Special - My math isn't working?

Just booked the ultimate package for my husband for our Oct cruise. Yesterday it was $59 + gratuities now it's $49+ gratuities. Not quite 20% but we still saved almost $85 so I will take it!

My friend was quoted $53 + gratuities..yesterday and today when she tried calling again. How does this make any sense????

I got the premium beverage package and paid $363.44 for my Liberty cruise in October $44.00 a day plus tip.

Me too! I just left a reply on OSULabRat's post on FB.

when are you going in October?

Just booked the ultimate package for my husband for our Oct cruise. Yesterday it was $59 + gratuities now it's $49+ gratuities. Not quite 20% but we still saved almost $85 so I will take it!

The Ultimate package with the discount is the same price as the Premium package without the discount. We have OBC so I won't prepurchase 2 packages. I have to wait until we board to get mine

I just checked our account and it seems the same problem. It says 20% and the price is $47 and this morning same package for $49. I just called and was told that the price is $49. No seems to know what is going on there.

Edited by alex800

I just rebooked the premium package 7 night allure on 30 October... The "20% deal" paid the $363.44 (was $404.74) so I am following!

I just wen online to "book" thi package for Liberty of the seas and it's $388.22 ($47 a day). So different ship, different sail dates, etc have different prices?

Supervisor that I just talked to, told me that they raised the prices 3 days ago. Really. I checked in am and the price was $49 for premium and now premium is $47 w 20%. He said new price is $59 and then 20% off. Scam

Royal just posted this response on FB: Hi there. As stated on the website, this discount is 20% off of the onboard beverage package price. We're sorry for any confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal just posted this response on FB: Hi there. As stated on the website, this discount is 20% off of the onboard beverage package price. We're sorry for any confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just replied to them :)

Mystery solved.

So it sounds like Royal is taking the Carnival route and charging more if you buy the packages onboard. (or giving a discount if you purchase in advance --- however you want to look at it)

As usual Royal turns it into a fake sale by giving you 20% off the onboard price when you purchase it in advance (not onboard) :)

If it is in the cruise planner then why would they be starting with the onboard price. At that point you are not purchasing onboard.

Curious to see if the 20% off is applicable to purchases done onboard on these sailings.

I am infuriated now that RC just replied on their FB page to someone that the 20% offer is off the onboard price. We all know people are posting here on CC that received it for less than $59 onboard. Sail the Oasis in 3 weeks. I'll let you all know what they charge.

Ugh. We've heard answers all the way from:

Our flyer says FROM $49/pp

We've increased prices because it's SUMMER and PEAK SEASON

It's off our ONBOARD pricing

I'm sure others have heard more!!!

Edited by Want2Cruise 701

Maybe someone onboard now can confirm if the "onboard" price is higher?

I posted on the May 8th sailing meet and mingle thread to please take a picture of the beverage pricing on the Liberty of the Seas. Maybe everyone can ask for this on whatever ship you're sailing on and see if it's the same or different. I am hoping someone will do the favor and we'll know Sunday after they board.

I am infuriated now that RC just replied on their FB page to someone that the 20% offer is off the onboard price.

I'm sure others have heard more!!!

Relax. Take a deep breath. :D

You know you don't HAVE to buy a drink package right? :)

(especially if you are not happy with the pricing games)

No, don't have to purchase, however if a company is trying to pull a fast one, they should be called on it! I purchase regardless of discount because it offers be a good value/cost... However, fake sales and false pricing is a bad way to run a business. For the cruise fares, they are always covered since the "published" rate is so,high, but to say the packages cost more than they are ever sold for THEN offering a discount is pure and simple deceptive practices and they should be aware that their customers are in fact "math literate".

Relax. Take a deep breath. :D

You know you don't HAVE to buy a drink package right? :)

(especially if you are not happy with the pricing games)

It's bad business practice and deceptive. As someone previously posted for their sales, they have a list price and offer their promotion based on that. Like it or not, that's justifiable unfortunately. When you have a posted price for a package, and price varies for every sailing, then it becomes deceptive.

Edited by Want2Cruise 701

It's bad business practice and deceptive. As someone previously posted for their sales, they have a list price and offer their promotion based on that. Like it or not, that's justifiable unfortunately. When you have a posted price for a package, and price varies for every sailing, then it becomes deceptive.

90% of all "Sales" in the U.S. are BS and deceptive.

Bottom line is to compare overall total price and make a decision based on that. :)

I just wen online to "book" thi package for Liberty of the seas and it's $388.22 ($47 a day). So different ship, different sail dates, etdc have different prices?

Right now yes our Oct Liberty cruise for ultimate was $59+grat is now $49+grat and our 3/2017 cruise on Adventure is $67 and when I start to checkout it shows no grat on top of the $67. Who knows at this point?

I just went on and booked the Premium package for DH and I for our upcoming Harmony Cruise, as it was 20% off. We are Cdn so priced in Cdn dollars. Not sure if it's a good deal, but noticed the service charge is 16.36% I know this isn't a big difference over all, but found it odd after everywhere else saying 18%.

One thing I did notice, when you look at the comparisons, it doesn't say that the Alcoholic packages also include the souvenir soda cup and unlimited soda. I was always under the impression that this was included.

I just went on and booked the Premium package for DH and I for our upcoming Harmony Cruise, as it was 20% off. We are Cdn so priced in Cdn dollars. Not sure if it's a good deal, but noticed the service charge is 16.36% I know this isn't a big difference over all, but found it odd after everywhere else saying 18%.

One thing I did notice, when you look at the comparisons, it doesn't say that the Alcoholic packages also include the souvenir soda cup and unlimited soda. I was always under the impression that this was included.

Definitely included yes.