First cruise, can't wait!

DW and I are scheduled for our first cruise on the Victory June 5,2016. All the great advice on the board has been the best tool ever! I think we now have the correct attitude for a new vacation style. We expect nothing but to have a good time only affected by my personal attitude. From reading everything on here we upgraded to a balcony, so DW has a place to send me when I act like a toddler ( as I will at least once when I don't get what I want right then).

We can't wait to join the cruise club!

My best tip is relax. You do not need to be the first off the ship at your islands. We never book CCL shore excursions because we don't want to meet at 8 am like a hoard of cattle. If you relax , have breakfast and get off the ship around 10, you will have no lines. The beaches will still be open.

Just keep your expectations in check on the food. You will not be eating in 4 or 5 star restaurants, its like large banquet food at best. I think perception of the food is based on how your daily life goes though. We eat at great restaurants all the time so nothing on the ship compares but others may come from small towns that don't have anything like what is offered so it's a real treat! Skip the lobster on the ship and get a fresh one in port!