Church Bay to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse Walkable?

mattha1968

Hi we were thinking about snorkeling @ Church Bay followed by climbing the lighthouse they appear to be relatively close. Is this walkable? I think I read in another thread that most of Bermuda's roads aren't really suitable for walking.

Thanks Much!

Hi we were thinking about snorkeling @ Church Bay followed by climbing the lighthouse they appear to be relatively close. Is this walkable? I think I read in another thread that most of Bermuda's roads aren't really suitable for walking.

Thanks Much!

It is not advisable as there are no sidewalks on most of the South Road and with the curves you can't see traffic ahead or behind. And there is traffic. I walked between two bus stops once. Won't do that again.

Thanks Charles do you know how frequently the bus goes to the Lighthouse from Church Bay?

The bus doesn't go to the lighthouse; it goes by the road (Lighthouse Rd) to the L/H. The walk to the L/H is about ⅓ mile long from the bus stop. The inbound #7 bus which you would use, runs about every 15 minutes during the day.

SBtS