laundromat near port in civitavecchia

vacation fool

Will be doing a b2b but on 2 different cruise lines, neither ship having self serve laundry on board. Wondering if anyone recently has used a self serve laundromat near the port? I did a search and see that someone used one in 2012 but not sure it is still there.

The other question I have for anyone that has disembarked one ship and cruise line and then re embarked on another ship/cruise line same day in civitavecchia-what do we do with the rest of our luggage for the few hours while we do our laundry in town? The logistics of then getting all the luggage to the second ship is something I need help with! I have thought of hiring a taxi to take us and all of our luggage to a laundromat and then come back to pick us up and take us to port to board second leg, but if we want to walk around after having done laundry and have lunch the amount of luggage would be too cumbersome to drag along. Thanks :)

There is a left luggage office at the port: http://www.cilpcv.it/bagagli.php

However, I'd check to see if you can simply transfer your things from one ship to the other. If you are among the last off your first ship you might be late enough that the second ship has started accepting luggage, even though it's too early to check in or board.

There is a self service laundromat around the corner from the McDonalds near the south (pedestrian only) exit/entrance to the port.

The address is Via Zara 21. I can't personally vouch for them still being there, but they are paying for yellow page placement so I think it's safe to assume they are still in business.

http://www.paginegialle.it/civitavecchia-rm/lavanderie-self-service-rosa-erika-c/commenti#scrivi

Edited by euro cruiser

There is a left luggage office at the port: http://www.cilpcv.it/bagagli.php

However, I'd check to see if you can simply transfer your things from one ship to the other. If you are among the last off your first ship you might be late enough that the second ship has started accepting luggage, even though it's too early to check in or board.

thankyou. how does one "transfer luggage from one ship to the other?" can a porter leave one berth to take us to another? at this point have no idea if ships will even be docked near one another. one is royal caribbean and one is holland america. i tried looking at port schedule but cannot get the info. may be too soon as it is not until october 2017. thanks again for your suggestions.

It's way too early for October 2017 but even closer the planned berth isn't always the used one, due to tides, changes in other ships' schedules, etc.

This is where the purser's office comes in handy, ask them to research it for you once you are on board your first ship.

• 1 year later...

to the OP, I know that this was a few months back - but how did you make out on your transfer between 2 different ships at Civitavecchia?

I am doing this in October 2018 and have been searching for information ! we are transferring from Celebrity to MSC - probably won't need to do laundry tho!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.........

There is a self service laundromat around the corner from the McDonalds near the south (pedestrian only) exit/entrance to the port.

The address is Via Zara 21. I can't personally vouch for them still being there, but they are paying for yellow page placement so I think it's safe to assume they are still in business.

http://www.paginegialle.it/civitavecchia-rm/lavanderie-self-service-rosa-erika-c/commenti#scrivi

I realise this is a bit late, but they’re showing on Google Earth Street View too, which is a pretty good sign, in case anyone else wants to know. There’s a big sign saying Wash & Dry on the front.