In San Pedro, can you board, then leave, then come back?

brianlojeck

I'm taking some first time cruisers with me next year. I'd like to check in early, then come back and meet them... so I can play host while helping then get settled.

Are you allowed back onshore on embarcation day?

You can but you are going to have to go thru security again. I would be more inclined to pass my luggage off to the porters at the pier then wait for my friends and go thru the check in procedures together....if you feel that is necessary.

Security shouldn't be bad, all I'll have is my passport and cruise card the second time. :-)

My wife's family is the type to freeze like a deer in the headlights... I think the more hands on we are for their first time, the better...

You can but you are going to have to go thru security again. I would be more inclined to pass my luggage off to the porters at the pier then wait for my friends and go thru the check in procedures together....if you feel that is necessary.

I would do the same just to be sure.

Doing this is no problem at all......have done it several times. The last time in San Pedro, we boarded, dropped off our carry ons then got off and walked over to the Iowa. It's absolutely no problem. We reboarded later with our cruise card and it was just like another port.

What is wrong with waiting with your friends and family and boarding together?

My in-laws have a tradition of showing up late to things.

If I don't have any bags I can help with theirs.

I'm paying for everyone's room, and don't want to go through all three check-in processes at the same time.

We can show them to their rooms without worrying about ours.

My in-laws have a tradition of showing up late to things.

If I don't have any bags I can help with theirs.

I'm paying for everyone's room, and don't want to go through all three check-in processes at the same time.

We can show them to their rooms without worrying about ours.

Brian, you may absolutely leave and come back. You will need your cabin card and your I.D. And, you will have to go through customs when you leave and TSA , again, when you board. You simply tell them what you're doing and everything will go smoothly.

They must not go on CC because I don't think you would have thrown your in-laws under the bus like that:D.

My FIL longs for the days of smoke signaling.

My SIL is young and savvy to The Internet, but would just remind me it's her husband's fault. :-)