Ocean View Deluxe Cabin Question..

Jackk

Hi, We were in a Cat. DD, oceanview deluxe on the Sun Princess in March. The only difference is the stateroom is about three feet longer than the balcony stateroom which has about a three foot deep balcony. In other words, the extra space is in the room rather than outside on the balcony, if that makes any sense. We decided that since the balconys on the Sun are so small, we would rather have the extra space in the room, but after we were on the ship a few days, I really wished that we had gotten the balcony instead.

I "think" the Cat. D on Dolphin deck have the extra large windows. Our Cat. DD, Caribe 702 only had a regular size window. Maybe somebody who has stayed in a stateroom with the larger window could confirm this. If you look at the picture of the Sun in the brochure, it looks like the Cat. D has them.

Unless you actually NEED fresh air, on any of the Sun Class ships you will find the deluxe ocean view cabins to be much larger than the balcony cabins. The price they charge for these balcony cabins is ridiculous on the Sun Class ships as the staterooms are so much smaller than those with just a window.

There are no floor to ceiling windows in the deluxe ocean view cabins on the Sun Class ships.

I was in a cat. D cabin, if I'm not mistaken. The cabin was Dolphin 240. It was a cabin with the floor to ceiling and wall to wall window (almost). It was a reasonable sized room, I didn't feel that it was too small for a ten day cruise. The window was great!

The Sun Class "Oceanview Deluxe" are 173sft, that's according to Princess's web site. The standard "Oceanview Double" is 135-155 sft.

Princess does not show any Oceanview Deluxe cabins on Dolphin deck, only on Aloha, Baha and Caribe.

Archived