Sometimes Luck and Timing Come Together

Oakman58

I’ve always felt that cruise sales were more smoke and mirrors than reality until this past January. I was suffering with a bout of cabin fever so I was surfing the Internet looking for a deal on a cruise or an all-inclusive resort. One of the many emails I receive almost daily from a travel website that touted NCL’s Free at Sea Promotion. I went to their website and stumbled on a price for a cruise I thought was surely a come-on.

The deal was for a 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise on the Epic in December ’16. I decided to call and book the cruise but if it was a come-on I was prepared to utter a curse and hang up. It turned out to be a legit price and we were able to pick a balcony cabin on deck 10 (Category BE), we received a choice of two of the Free at Sea promotions, and a $50.00 onboard credit for a total price of $848.05 per person. That price also includes the service charge for the UBP and the taxes and port fees. I’m sure the category BE isn’t the best but the price was too good to pass up.

I found it interesting that this price was available on most travel websites but not on NCL’s website. The price was only available for a few days. We’ve been wanting to experience one of the larger ships and this will be our chance. I’ve been patting myself on the back so much for finding this price I’m surprised I haven’t broken my arm. WooHoo, 218 days to go.

Congrats. We just got off Epic. Bit noisy for us but we liked it. Great dining choices. Food was good as was service (except one night). The shows are the best we have seen on s shop. Burn the floor was amazing. Book shows as soo. As you get the n. Ones I bookeded online didn't show up . Most are fee but you need to book. Enjoy

Congrats. We just got off Epic. Bit noisy for us but we liked it. Great dining choices. Food was good as was service (except one night). The shows are the best we have seen on s shop. Burn the floor was amazing. Book shows as soo. As you get the n. Ones I bookeded online didn't show up . Most are fee but you need to book. Enjoy

Regarding the shows, I think you meant to say "most are free" . Not "fee"

The shows are one of the reasons I enjoying cruising. I love live entertainment.

We booked a January 2017 14 day Panama Canal transit cruise on the Jewel for $1009 plus taxes and fees for inside cabin. They were also offering a 16 day for the same price. Seemed like a good deal to us. Despite the small cabin, our Pearl cruise was one of our favorites.