Dress codes for Children

vanrhyn

We don't spend any time keeping track of what others are wearing druring the day nor we bother trying to follow up to ascertain if they have washed, changed, etc.

We are too busy having a good time and we mind our own business....we don't want to turn into a couple of busybodies.,,

We don't spend any time keeping track of what others are wearing druring the day nor we bother trying to follow up to ascertain if they have washed, changed, etc.

We are too busy having a good time and we mind our own business....we don't want to turn into a couple of busybodies.,,

Very well-said!

What is the dress code for children aged 8 and 11? What do they need to wear on Formal nights, that is do they have to have jackets or is a dress shirt fine? How about for the casual nights?

We cruised before we had children and then after a break for a number of years with our children. The issue of dress codes for children caused me some angst as I think it it far less defined for children than for adults.

In reality (most of the time anyway) as long as they are dressed smartly and behave well nobody is going to mind. One rule of thumb is to have them dressed in something so that the photos of you all together look nice!

On our first family cruise they were 4 and 8 and for formal nights they had red waistcoats and bowties. Last year at 8 and 12 they chose to wear dinner suits. On both occasions we received nice comments and have some lovely photographs.

On casual nights they wear nice shirts (though a bit brighter / more patterned than me) and nice trousers. Again we use "photo compatibility" as a benchmark.

One final comment . . . check out the photo packages as we found them great value last year and have a pile of photos to treasure.

Have a great cruise.

We always visit a second hand or consignment store before a cruise and buy our children clothes for the formal/gala nights. Very inexpensive, better quality than Walmart and we have had no complaints yet, in fact just the opposite! The bonus is both DD and DS love to dress up for dinner on a ship and have our family picture taken. It is a special event and we have the pictures to prove it! :)

We always visit a second hand or consignment store before a cruise and buy our children clothes for the formal/gala nights. Very inexpensive, better quality than Walmart and we have had no complaints yet, in fact just the opposite! The bonus is both DD and DS love to dress up for dinner on a ship and have our family picture taken. It is a special event and we have the pictures to prove it! :)

Yes to this [emoji4] Goodwill has excellent prices on suit jackets. We were able to pick one up for $8. Perfect price for a kid who will soon outgrow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We cruised the Amsterdam at Christmas time so for girls (oldest age 9) it was super easy - every night they wore a dress to dinner, on "gala" night they wore the fancier ones.

For boys (oldest was 5) we had khaki pants and collared long sleeve shirts/vests for dinner and then on gala they had suit pants, collared shirts and suit vests. The fashion police did not arrest them for wearing sandals as I forgot their shoes at home :eek::eek::eek: And on a few evenings they simply wore pants and polo shirts because it was not worth the stress.

Another mom on the ship said her son was turned away from the dining room and had to go get his pants and polo shirt on one evening. I think he was wearing shorts/shirt and just forgot. He was no more than 11.

I saw a lot of adults much more casual than my children, however what I wear does not typically impact how/what I eat.