20% off Drink Package Offer

So if I cancel the repayment is made to my CC ?

Correct, if you cancel soon enough (again, I'm not sure of the exact number of days), the credit goes back to your credit card.

So if I cancel the repayment is made to my CC ?

correct, they will refund the prior purchase and charge for the full replacement purchase. you'd think they'd charge you the difference, but NOPE. keep an eye on the refund, it might take 5-7 days to clear. after 10 days, if it still hasn't cleared, call them back.

Correct, if you cancel soon enough (again, I'm not sure of the exact number of days), the credit goes back to your credit card.

correct, they will refund the prior purchase and charge for the full replacement purchase. you'd think they'd charge you the difference, but NOPE. keep an eye on the refund, it might take 5-7 days to clear. after 10 days, if it still hasn't cleared, call them back.

Thanks,

I wouldn't want to rebook before the credit had been paid back? by that time the offer may have gone, so I'm going to ponder on it before I decide :confused:

So how do we tell if gratuities are included in the package price or added in??

I went into my cruise planner and even went as far as to add the package to my cart. I didn't see tips added. So is this the final price?? Looking at the lowest package and it was $33 per day.

Don't want to go any further and end up buying, if I decide against. Just trying to figure out an accurate price.

I repriced our "select" packages yesterday and the $33 was before grats, so paid $38.94 pp/pd. I saved $99.12 on our 7-nt and $70.80 on our 5-nt.!!:cool:

Just on line with Royal Caribbean Australia regarding a 20% off beverage package promotion. Apparently it is being offered on the Radiance of the Seas September TP but not on our Explorer of the Seas TP in October. Very disappointing as this is such a long cruise (24 days) and there is no consistency in their policies.

Just on line with Royal Caribbean Australia regarding a 20% off beverage package promotion. Apparently it is being offered on the Radiance of the Seas September TP but not on our Explorer of the Seas TP in October. Very disappointing as this is such a long cruise (24 days) and there is no consistency in their policies.

That's a bummer, it's the longer cruises where you need the package.

Thought I hit jackpot when I saw a further reduce price on the drink package. Cancelled my previous purchase and found out that a "service charge" is being added to the latest pricing. :rolleyes:

Added to ours as well so instead of being $49Aud per day, when you pay for it ends up being $57.52AUD per day which is heaps better than $71AUD per day. :)

That's a bummer, it's the longer cruises where you need the package.

Posted my comment on the RCI FB page - they requested my details and said they will be looking into it for "their guests". We shall see.

Posted my comment on the RCI FB page - they requested my details and said they will be looking into it for "their guests". We shall see.

That is a terrific outcome, best you could hope for :)

Just booked the trans Pacific Cruise in October next year which includes a drinks package

Would be very interested in that. Just saw that you are from UK, apparently you can do that but we can't over here in Oz.

Edited by KazAllen

when I looked at the drink package for my June 2nd cruise on the Anthem 2 weeks ago, the premium package was $399.00 for the 9 day cruise. When I went back to book it over this past weekend, it went up to $499.00, still with the 20% off. They raised it $100 in a 2 week period!!!:eek: Now I am not sure if it's worth it for me.

So I got excited to see that the 20% off beverage packages showed up for my December cruise. However, quickly became disappointed to learn that this is more of a bait & switch. Went to my planner to order and total price came up at $388.22 Baffled I looked at the package prices on their regular flyer that lists the packages and Premium was $49 so I added in the 18% grats and got 57.82 x 7 = 404.74 less 20% and I got 323.79 so I called and was told that prices are being priced out at the time of year you are cruising and for this cruise premium package is $47 which already includes the 20% off plus 18% grats for a total of $388.22. If ordered on board the price will be 56.40 plus 18% grats for a total of 465.86. That's just crazy. The rep also said that beverage packages for summer sailing will be priced even higher. I am so disappointed in what RC has been doing lately :(

So I got excited to see that the 20% off beverage packages showed up for my December cruise. However, quickly became disappointed to learn that this is more of a bait & switch. Went to my planner to order and total price came up at $388.22 Baffled I looked at the package prices on their regular flyer that lists the packages and Premium was $49 so I added in the 18% grats and got 57.82 x 7 = 404.74 less 20% and I got 323.79 so I called and was told that prices are being priced out at the time of year you are cruising and for this cruise premium package is $47 which already includes the 20% off plus 18% grats for a total of $388.22. If ordered on board the price will be 56.40 plus 18% grats for a total of 465.86. That's just crazy. The rep also said that beverage packages for summer sailing will be priced even higher. I am so disappointed in what RC has been doing lately :(

Are those prices in AUD because $47 plus 18% grats is a good price ($55.46) - have been looking at our cruise for a few weeks and it was "from $71AUD", jumped online last night and got it for $57.52AUD per day which I was ecstatic with - this is comparable to what we paid 2 years ago!

Are those prices in AUD because $47 plus 18% grats is a good price ($55.46) - have been looking at our cruise for a few weeks and it was "from $71AUD", jumped online last night and got it for $57.52AUD per day which I was ecstatic with - this is comparable to what we paid 2 years ago!

No there are USD

So if they are raising the package prices for summer are they also raising the individual drink prices for summer? :eek:

We have quite a bit of OBC, and my intention has been to wait and buy the package when we board. I think what they really want is for people to pre-purchase their packages before they board the ship, then use up all of their OBC for "other stuff".

I think we'll bring our two bottles per cabin (so four total) then pay by the drink using our OBC. I'll refrain from buying the package right now even though it's "on sale".

This 20% reduction that is being offered At the moment , will the offer last long and is there a catch ? Or are there added charges .

The catch is that it's not a true 20% off the previous price. They raised the price about 18% and then took off 20%.

I checked last week and the ultimate drink package was 53 e a day and now with the 20% reduction its down to 44.10 , so not quite 20% , my question is will his offer be on for long and is is crazy paying for this package when we don't sail till November 2016

So if they are raising the package prices for summer are they also raising the individual drink prices for summer? :eek:

We have quite a bit of OBC, and my intention has been to wait and buy the package when we board. I think what they really want is for people to pre-purchase their packages before they board the ship, then use up all of their OBC for "other stuff".

I think we'll bring our two bottles per cabin (so four total) then pay by the drink using our OBC. I'll refrain from buying the package right now even though it's "on sale".

I didn't think you could use your on board credit for drink packages ?

I didn't think you could use your on board credit for drink packages ?

If you purchase your drink package on board the ship, you can use your on board credit.

If you purchase your drink package on board the ship, you can use your on board credit.

Exactly. You just can't use it to pre-purchase at the discounted price. So that's my issue. Between our two cabins we have about $1200 in OBC from Royal, TA and credit card points.