Dale Chihuly blown glass art work on Wonder

Susie51

So they are trashing the atrium of the Wonder in the same way they did the Magic. So sad. The "more open space" is crap. All it did was to give them a cubby area for the gingerbread house at Christmas. When the gingerbread house isn't there' date=' the space is a wasted corner. And it destroyed all the amazing staging that was possible with the dual staircases. [b']But they didn't ask me[/b].

But I love your answer.

I did find the single staircase on the Magic wasn't as out of balance as I expected it to be. But, that corner where the other staircase was is still pretty much wasted space. It was used most evenings for a photo location. But nothing else.

And I find the "new" atrium, on the whole, a bit underwhelming. At least with the old chandelier, there was a "wow" factor. Now - not so much.

I know I'm in the minority (maybe a minority of only one on these boards!) but I never liked the Magic or Wonder chandeliers. I do love the grandeur of the atriums, but that was DESPITE the gaudy chandeliers, not because of them. We'll all have to wait and see how the Wonder looks post dry-dock, but I won't miss the chandelier.