Shipping luggage to the ship

jpj39

Has any one experienced shipping luggage international to the cruise

Did the luggage arrive on time?

What service did you use? Would you recommend using this service?

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

Princess has a service called Luggage Valet. I haven't used it myself, but I did look into at one point because I had a cruise shortly after surgery and I was worried about lifting luggage. Above is a link to general information about it. You can send a request to Princess and they'll give you a quote on charges. If you do a search here on CC you'll find some threads about it. The few that I read said that people had good luck with it. I hope this helps.

Edited by KruzPrincess

We've used Luggage Valet several times, and except for the first year it was flawless. The first year we shipped a big home from Barcelona, and it was just as DHL stopped some operations in the US. It took over three weeks for our bag to arrive home. We had already contacted our insurance agent to inquire about our coverage for the loss, but it finally arrived.

We shipped one bag from home to the ship for sailings from Copenhagen and Southampton. We got to the pier very early in Copenhagen, and I spotted our bag on a pallet waiting to be put on the ship by 10:30 in the morning. Both times in Southampton our bag was in our cabin when we boarded. We're Elite so we boarded before noon.

We'll be shipping a bag to Copenhagen again in August. It's pricy, but we aren't light packers and most of our European cruises are 25+ day b2b's with a ta, so having that third bag shipped is very convenient. Also especially for a European cruise we fly over early so we don't have the hassle of the third bag.

Edited by FritzG

We've used Luggage Valet several times, and except for the first year it was flawless. The first year we shipped a big home from Barcelona, and it was just as DHL stopped some operations in the US. It took over three weeks for our bag to arrive home. We had already contacted our insurance agent to inquire about our coverage for the loss, but it finally arrived.

We shipped one bag from home to the ship for sailings from Copenhagen and Southampton. We got to the pier very early in Copenhagen, and I spotted our bag on a pallet waiting to be put on the ship by 10:30 in the morning. Both times in Southampton our bag was in our cabin when we boarded. We're Elite so we boarded before noon.

We'll be shipping a bag to Copenhagen again in August. It's pricy, but we aren't light packers and most of our European cruises are 25+ day b2b's with a ta, so having that third bag shipped is very convenient. Also especially for a European cruise we fly over early so we don't have the hassle of the third bag.

If you don't mind telling us how much do they charge.

Tony

How much time did it take from home to ship?

I think CLE to Southampton and Copenhagen were around $360, but we would have paid $100 for an extra suitcase anyway.

Princess sends you a whole packet of info once you book. Your luggage is picked up at your home about a week to 10 days before you sail.

twice using Princess to Copenhagen and Rome, twice using Luggage Forwarders to Southampton and Sydney (return Hong Kong). All time luggage arrived on time and we first saw it in our stateroom. Costs seems to a average about $700 round trip but we usually go and return a week early/later keeps us from having to drag a second suitcase around.

I think CLE to Southampton and Copenhagen were around $360, but we would have paid $100 for an extra suitcase anyway.

Princess sends you a whole packet of info once you book. Your luggage is picked up at your home about a week to 10 days before you sail.

Thanks for the info.