Anyone here on Solstice right now?

SheriffJoe

Where did you read this? I'm curious if they've finished with the Millennium upgrade. So if they are in Vancouver that's a good sign.

A guy posted here on Embark day that the tech team came onboard so I was wondering how long it takes them to do the upgrade and if its working yet and how well.....

They've said it is operational, speed seems a bit faster although not significantly better than on solstice last year in AK. Internet was down for several hours this afternoon in Ketchikan, I couldn't login between about 3:30 and 8.

They've said it is operational, speed seems a bit faster although not significantly better than on solstice last year in AK. Internet was down for several hours this afternoon in Ketchikan, I couldn't login between about 3:30 and 8.

Thanks for the update!

internet not that fast, usable mostly as you can see i can be on cc, but .3 down and .1 up, so about isdn speeds, if you can remember those.

640ms pings... , but you can use imessage and not use sms texting so that's handy.

internet not that fast, usable mostly as you can see i can be on cc, but .3 down and .1 up, so about isdn speeds, if you can remember those.

640ms pings... , but you can use imessage and not use sms texting so that's handy.

that works, are they now also charging the reduced internet prices?

Sheriff Joe, will you be doing a LIVE FROM thread so that we can all live vicariously ! Or will you be enjoying your

all-inclusive beverage package too much to hit the World Wide Web ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

During the summer the Solstice does seven day cruises out of Seattle. It makes stops in Skagway, Jeaneau, Ketchican and Victoria. All have ample internet cafes which for the most part are free. Why pay for slow, expensive, internet time aboard the ship when you can get it for free in town.

During the summer the Solstice does seven day cruises out of Seattle. It makes stops in Skagway, Jeaneau, Ketchican and Victoria. All have ample internet cafes which for the most part are free. Why pay for slow, expensive, internet time aboard the ship when you can get it for free in town.

I have the go best with free interest so would be very interested in knowing this. I will have to do some occasional work (e-mail, some file uploads) early in the morning before the wife is up so having Xccelerate would be amazing

Sheriff Joe, will you be doing a LIVE FROM thread so that we can all live vicariously ! Or will you be enjoying your

I'll be on the same sailing as Sheriff Joe and I do hope we will all be enjoying that beverage package to much to be posting updates :D

LOL...depending how the internet connection is, if its fast I will post from my phone while IN the Martini Bar! :D