Carnival Magic review: April 30 - May 7 - Western Caribbean

ryano

Thanks for the review! Our cruise on the Magic is "only" 320 days away...

I'm right there with you on RCCL's pricing. Especially given how much DH and I prefer Serenity and the Could Nine Spa to Royal's Solarium and spa options, it doesn't make sense for us to spend so much more on Royal right now.

We have cruised on Dream and on Allure, but for about twice the price of Dream. While we loved Allure, I just didn't feel like it was worth THAT much more money.

Did you get to check out the spa or serenity areas on this cruise?

Thanks for the review.... I have always wrestled with picking a cruise with tender ports because my mom has mobility issues and has to use a wheelchair while on the ship. Good news also is that carnival is placing chair lifts at their pools on all new builds. Carnival vista has one. I hope they will add them to the older ships in upcoming drydocks.

Continued:

The Entertainment: I really cant comment much on this. I didn’t do any shows at all, no comedy club etc and mostly just found myself in the Red Frog at night listening the guitar man or over in Ocean Plaza listening to the Alterr Band or 50 shades of groove both of which I really enjoyed tremendously.

The ports: Ive been to Cozumel several times so we just got off the ship and went to the dock area shops and enjoyed a lunch at Ponchos Backyard and then back to the ship we went. In Belize, I stayed on the ship. I was told by Carnival when I booked the cruise that due to me being mobility impaired and in a wheelchair I would have to stay on the ship as the tenders could not accommodate me. Come to fine out, that was wrong. Im ok though. We didn’t have an excursion booked and if you have seen one Diamonds International, Cariloha or Senor Frogs you’ve seen them all right? LOL. In Roatan, we booked a “Best of Roatan” tour through Victor Boddens which included a stop off at his Monkey Business and a personal tour of the island with our guide Atony. This was great! My nephew really enjoyed this part of our trip. I highly recommend Victor Bodden tours . In Costa Maya, we were only there a few hours so we disembarked, did a little shopping and got back on the ship.

In closing, I must say that Im very impressed with Carnival Magic. So much so, that I am looking forward to another cruise on her next year. As I said before, there really is nothing I can find that I consider a “negative” about this cruise. The service was excellent and the food was really good. It really frustrates me that there are people that feel they need to belittle Carnival to make themselves feel better. I truly wonder if they have ever even been on Carnival cruise before. Carnival does a great cruise at a very good price. It is MY opinion that you get the very same or even better on Carnival as you do on Royal Caribbean for a much better price. Our cruise sold out WEEKS in advance so they must be doing something right. They sure have made me a big fan and I can see myself returning to Carnival again and again in the future.

Thank you for reading my review. I apologize for it being kind of long. I will post a few pictures and be glad to answer any questions I can.

Ryan.

Hey Ryan-

Great review! Not too long at all! I really enjoyed the read. Glad you had a great time, i sail on her in 2 1/2 weeks! Thank you for writing this Ryan!

Thank you for your review! It was great. Very informative & helpful. We've also scheduled a private tour with Victor Bodden, so your experience and positive review has eased my mind on booking with them. Cannot wait to sail away on the Magic!

40 days to go!!

Just loved your review. All I really want is to listen to live music in a couple of venues...I love shows and entertainment..not so big on comedy usually..but if only that..the music is good in a couple of venues..and I can have a fine steak or two...and gaze at the water for hrs from somewhere peaceful I am happy. Thanks for a good review of the current pulse...I am 56..what kind of music were the 2 good bands/guitar people....thanks.

Edited by sjn911

Thanks so much for the review!!! I love reading reviews, and the pictures are a great addition. We sail on the Magic in 74 days, even though we are doing a different itinerary. I have never sailed the Magic before, but from the pictures and reviews I am very excited!!! :D:D

Great review!

Any chance you have pictures of the cabin?

Outside of the Dream class (Dream, Magic, Breeze) and the Sunshine, accessible cabins for 3 are difficult to come by. I travel with my mother (full time wheelchair user) and my father so I'm always interested in seeing pictures of accessible cabins for 3 to see if their set up will work for us.

FYI - if you ever want to give you mom a real treat, the Magic has accessible ocean view spa cabins that are fantastic! They include spa access for the first 2 passengers.

Great review!

Any chance you have pictures of the cabin?

I will see what I can find. Im not sure why I didnt get more cabin pics as there arent any out there for this cabin on Magic. This cabin actually would sleep 4 because there is a pullman bed. The two regular twin beds appeared to be those that cannot be put together to make a big bed. They each had their own headboard and did not move.

Thanks everyone for reading my review.............I guess it comes across a little too much positive or "cheerleaderish" but that best describes the cruise. I really cant find anything negative about it and was pleasantly surprised with Carnival. The small issue in the bathroom was immediately taken care of and that was ONLY small issue we had.

I loved Magic and cant wait to be on her again. Great ship, excellent crew, good food and great service. I cant ask for more on my cruises :)

Edited by ryano

Thanks everyone for reading my review.............I guess it comes across a little too much positive or "cheerleaderish" but that best describes the cruise. I really cant find anything negative about it and was pleasantly surprised with Carnival. The small issue in the bathroom was immediately taken care of and that was ONLY small issue we had.

I loved Magic and cant wait to be on her again. Great ship, excellent crew, good food and great service. I cant ask for more on my cruises :)

It wasn't cheerleaderish at all! Some people enjoy life, and some choose to find fault with anything. Thanks so much for the review!

Not understanding why you think you were too positive. Don't let the "other" review influence you. Most of us enjoy life without picking it apart and then brag about it and try to convince you that you are wrong.

Your review was excellent.

There's no way. Its YOUR review of YOUR vacation. Period. Some may not agree or share your experiences. But do not apologize. Its a great review. Thank you for your time.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk