What to bring for 3 yr old clothing

cheerldrmom

My granddaughter is coming on the cruise with her dad mom can't come because of new baby. She is asking me for a list of what she needs to pack . What do most of you bring. I figure a couple of bathing suits and coverup

A dressy dress for formal night and then just clothes for hanging around ship and a few not too fancy dresses for the other nights Shoes. What are good non skid for decks

Any other suggestions.

Please.

Thanks

Edited by cheerldrmom

Thankfully three year old clothing doesn't take up much space. I'd say make sure the evening shoes are comfortable and fit (broken in). By day the kids will probably wear flip flops or tennis shoes (bring both).

Definitely bring a sweater to go over the sundress- It's often cold in the public areas due to the A/C.

A hoodie for walking outside on the open decks at night or if it's cold.

two swimsuits- coverup

pajamas

underwear

shorts and tops

long pants and tops (no shorts are allowed in the dining room at night)

a couple cute dresses (sundresses are fine in the Caribbean).

A hairdryer- the ones on the ship tend to be crappy.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

My granddaughter is coming on the cruise with her dad mom can't come because of new baby. She is asking me for a list of what she needs to pack . What do most of you bring. I figure a couple of bathing suits and coverup

A dressy dress for formal night and then just clothes for hanging around ship and a few not too fancy dresses for the other nights Shoes. What are good non skid for decks

Any other suggestions.

Please.

Thanks

we went in December with twin 3yo - i brought multiple swimsuits - a bigger T for the coverup - sandles (they lived in them) - I brought water shoes - they never used them. they had some dresses for MDR dining room; - but also put them in shorts and T's for the ports. Only bring a few pairs of socks - (essentially, for embarkation/debarkation) -- i brought a couple of jammies - (they were in diapers and leaked) -- I brought swim diapers also for the beach - other than that -- don't forget the stuffed animal friends and blankies if they are attached AND a lot of Wipes - we live with them!) (and an extra binky - if still attached to it!).

3 Year olds don't need "formal wear" at all. Something nice for the formal nights, but toddler clothes are appropriate for everything. No one expects a toddler to be wearing anything special! They are babies...sort of!

Whatever they'd wear for the weather is fine.

I have StrideRite water shoes for during the day. They're nonslip so perfect for the Waterworks or walking on a slippery wet deck. I have a boy, so he just wears sneakers the rest of the time. Black Converse on formal night with his suit.

Extra clothes. My kid had a knack for spilling.

I brought Take n Toss cups and plasticware for kiddo. That way we had cups with lids and if we lost/forgot it somewhere it was no big deal.

Lots of wipes. Hands. Faces. Booty. Even if kiddo isn't in diapers, I still find wipes easier than regular TP.

Sunblock. Lots of it. The Caribbean sun is harsh on their sensitive skin.

Coloring book and crayons. Entertainment during long dinner, down time while getting ready, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I disagree with CB ... at 3 they are far from babies.

If your granddaughter likes to dress up (both my son and daughter did at 3 and still do!) - bring a party dress for her to wear.

If she's a girl who's not into wearing party dresses, then just go with a nice sundress.

You've got a good list so far.

As for footwear, a nice sandal will work for all dinners. Add running shoes and if she wears them - crocs - they are great for the by the pool and getting around the ship.

Some one above mentioned watersocks. I always bring them. If we are on a ship with a waterslide - the watersocks save their feet on the hot stairs. And if on a ship with a water splash pad (like Allure) - then they can run in the water socks without fear of slipping and sliding.

We are seasoned cruisers but are taking our first cruise as parents of 3.5 year old twins in September. Here's what we are taking, mind you my boy girl twins like to coordinate their clothing:

1. 5 coordinating swimsuits (we will be in the water daily) with rashguards

2. 2 Cover-Ups per child

3. 6 coordinating short/shirt or short/dress sets...boutique quality

4. 1 nice dress and 1 button down shirt with khakis

5. SunSans Sandals (work great in and out of water, look nice with dinner clothing)- 1-2 pairs each

6. Crocs

7. Lands End Keen-style sandals

8. 2 pairs of socks and PJs per child (will wash if we need to)

9. Puddle Jumpers

10. Sunscreen, wipes, powder for sand removal.

Lots of wipes. Hands. Faces. Booty. Even if kiddo isn't in diapers, I still find wipes easier than regular TP.

Do remember not to toss the wipes in the toilet (not even the ones supposed to be flushable). They will block the plumbing, not just for your cabin, but for many others.

Edited by celle

Do remember not to toss the wipes in the toilet (not even the ones supposed to be flushable). They will block the plumbing, not just for your cabin, but for many others.

You'd think that would be common sense. After all, I don't throw foreign objects into my toilet at home.

My granddaughter is coming on the cruise with her dad mom can't come because of new baby.

Her Dad will probably need a signed and witnessed letter from her mother, giving permission for Dad to take his daughter on the cruise.

You'd think that would be common sense. After all, I don't throw foreign objects into my toilet at home.

Common sense, yes, but some people lack common sense.

When a wipe is sold as "flushable" you can forgive people for thinking it can be flushed down the ship's toilets.

Unfortunately, not so. Ship's plumbing is more sensitive than plumbing on land and it doesn't take much to block it.

When a wipe is sold as "flushable" you can forgive people for thinking it can be flushed down the ship's toilets.

Unfortunately, not so. Ship's plumbing is more sensitive than plumbing on land and it doesn't take much to block it.

We actually had a home toilet clog with flushable wipes and our plumber told us that they are terrible on all plumbing. We just toss them in the trash...better than another $100 service call!

Great list of clothes so far. I'll add a few non-clothing items.

Let her pack a small pack of toys, and a favorite stuffy for company.

We brought a white noise machine with us, there are lots of noises on the ship and it just helped smooth them out. (doors banging, people walking past the door...)

Sunscreen and a sunhat

Coloring book and crayons for keeping busy during meals

Lastly...

Make sure that you've got all your paperwork lined up for traveling with a kid without all the parents.

Have a great time.

Hi

I would take into account how 'messy' she is, whether there is an onboard laundry, and if you or her Dad are Ok wtih doing laundry.

I have/had a messy kid, so I would do:

- 2 outfits per day, shorts, tshirts etc

- 2 swimsuits, with rash guards for sun protection - because it is icky to put on a wet swimsuit

- 1 'dressier' outfit each day to wear to dinner

- 1 pyjamas per day - in case of accidents

It sounds like a lot, but will pack pretty small - and packing cubes can help to pack either by outfit or by type (eg all tshirts in one - this is what we still do)

For shoes, I would suggest crocs or keens, and a pair of flip flops

have a great time!

• 4 weeks later...