How safe do you fell eating the food at the various restaurants along the Malecon?

Mrs.ToTo

Should we be worried about getting upset stomachs? [emoji33] I've always heard "don't drink the water", but isn't the food cooked with that water? Just curious since this is a first time thing for our family. Thanks for sharing your input. [emoji41]

We were thinking of trying the food at NoHoch Kay.... It looks delicious.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've eaten at a number of places along and off the malecon. No Hoch Kay, many times. Tropicante, Fernando's 100% Agave, Tapas Bar, Hotel Caballo Blanco, and others. I'm still around, never sick. Most restaurants use filtered water for cooking and ice and serve bottled water is you request.

Should we be worried about getting upset stomachs? [emoji33] I've always heard "don't drink the water", but isn't the food cooked with that water? Just curious since this is a first time thing for our family. Thanks for sharing your input. [emoji41]

We were thinking of trying the food at NoHoch Kay.... It looks delicious.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Any water that they cook with has likely reach a high enough temperature that it will not be an issue. Too many people eat along the Malecon on a daily basis without any problems for you to have any worries.

I'm not promising that you won't get ill, but you could just as easily get sick in any restaurant at home.

As far as drinking water, always drink bottled water to avoid issues, though most tap water in resort areas is filtered.

Yes agree, no worries on eating, and the tap water is not potable but is ok to boil with, just drink bottled water. We enjoyed Steve's place (Tropicante) on our short stop, great food and a nice clean beach when we were there. You'll find a bus just outside the port area, less expensive than a taxi and a short ride to the Malecon, just grab a taxi back when ready. If you have a longer port day you have some nice options further to the south.