Service and food.

I think Royal is at the bottom of mass market lines in terms of food quality and availability. That's not to say it is bad or terrible, but those who think it is great probably don't try other lines from time to time. In my experience MSC and Princess have better buffets. NCL has better availability and selection. carnival MDR is better than RCI, maybe even the best of all the mass market type lines; go figure. This has been a sore area for Royal for a few years.

Or maybe the OP is just a complainer. ;)

Oh, I'll bet my platinum pin the OP won't be making a return!

Well platinum pin member I have returned.

I seldom comment on these pages but when I think there is something to say then I do.

My husband and I are Diamond members so we have done a lot of cruises with Royal Caribbean. What I was trying to get across in my rant as it has been described was the fact that the service and food quality on RC ships has sadly diminished, especially over the last 5/6 years. I think this has happened since they have had all their new ships. Well I suppose they have to pay for them somehow.

Great to hear! We have just booked to go on the 02/07/16 Indy sailing. We sailed on it in 2012...great to hear food and service still good, anymore comments very welcome!

Well Topbuzzer we will see if Indy is as good as she was 2014, 2013,2012,2011

etc. we are on the 2nd July sailing out of Southampton as well. Happy sailing.

Don't knock it..

When you are on a ship for a week, there is plenty of "down-time" to chill in the cabin and watch TV.

But RC have pretty much stripped the TV channels to bare bones, but added more & more RC commercials.

I will bet most people do the same whether they admit it or not....

True. During our recent cruise, we noticed a lack of movie channels. And, the Cruise in Review video includes some features seen on stateroom tv channels.

Usually, a chronic complainer has a sour disposition to begin with.

I cannot imagine complaining about cruising with RCI 5 times, then cruise again with RCI and complain more. If you are unhappy with a product - stop using it! It's quite simple.

Usually, a chronic complainer has a sour disposition to begin with.

I cannot imagine complaining about cruising with RCI 5 times, then cruise again with RCI and complain more. If you are unhappy with a product - stop using it! It's quite simple.

You might want to try reading the posts next time before you form your opinion about the OP....

I just think you've been incredibly unlucky on your last two cruises. Personally, in all our RCI cruises ( Diamond Plus) we have only ever received exemplary service from everyone. In fact I can't think of a single instance where we've had nothing less than great service-

As for food, well of course that is subjective, one man's meat as they say...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well platinum pin member I have returned.

I seldom comment on these pages but when I think there is something to say then I do.

My husband and I are Diamond members so we have done a lot of cruises with Royal Caribbean. What I was trying to get across in my rant as it has been described was the fact that the service and food quality on RC ships has sadly diminished, especially over the last 5/6 years. I think this has happened since they have had all their new ships. Well I suppose they have to pay for them somehow.

What you've stated as fact is actually your opinion.

Our last cruise on the Jewel we had much better service and food than we did on the Oasis in 2010, so 6 years ago. YMMV always. But on the whole we like the Radiance class more and find they all deliver consistently higher service and food than the big ships. Not the mention the itineraries are more interesting. Maybe give it a try.