Actual Time You Can Board at Port Canaveral

JT1962

I did a search and found a post from December, but was hoping someone who went on a Carnival ship out of Port Canaveral recently could give more updated information. How soon can you actually expect to board the ship? What time do we need to arrive at the port? The email from Carnival says to arrive between 1:00 and 2:00 PM. Is this a strict time or will they allow you to board sooner? We do not have Priority Boarding of any type. We will be returning a rental car and have to drop it off prior to 11:00 AM.

Does the letter give any specific reason for the late boarding time....such as Coast Guard inspection, etc? If that is the case then there could be delay in allowing passengers in.

If not...... then I would drop off the rental car and head for the port around 10:30-11:00. Boarding usually starts around 11:30.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Does the letter give any specific reason for the late boarding time....such as Coast Guard inspection, etc? If that is the case then there could be delay in allowing passengers in.

If not...... then I would drop off the rental car and head for the port around 10:30-11:00. Boarding usually starts around 11:30.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Thanks for the quick response. There is no specific reason listed. Here is the quote from the email:

"To ensure a smooth embarkation experience, if you have flexible travel plans, please arrange to arrive for check-in between 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM."

I am guessing it is just a generic response to try and spread out when people arrive. I have read that Carnival is now scheduling arrivals at some ports, but had not seen that Port Canaveral departures had started this process. Since I have to drop the car off prior to 11:00, your suggested timeframe should work. I just didn't want to arrive at 11:00 and be sitting in the waiting area for 2+ hours before they would allow me to check-in.

Sounds like you got the generic letter where they are trying to stagger the crowd.

Just go after you drop off the rental and I think you will be fine. So far they are not enforcing the checkin times at Canaveral.

We have sailed out of Canaveral many times.....we really like the area. In fact we are headed down there tomorrow to sail out Sunday.

Have a great cruise!!

as larger and larger ships operate out of the older terminals

and the ME FIRST ME FIRST crowds expand

the buildings are often exceeding the occupancy limits established by the fire department

this results in people being held OUTSIDE the building .... in line .......

the newer terminals have less of an issue ....

standing outside in summer in Canaveral is NOT fun ...... I usually arrive at the terminal after 1 PM and walk straight thru

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like you got the generic letter where they are trying to stagger the crowd.

Just go after you drop off the rental and I think you will be fine. So far they are not enforcing the checkin times at Canaveral.

We have sailed out of Canaveral many times.....we really like the area. In fact we are headed down there tomorrow to sail out Sunday.

Have a great cruise!!

We returned from our cruise on the Valor today and I wanted to let you know everything worked out great on boarding the ship. We dropped off our luggage at the terminal about 10:30, dropped off the rental car, took the shuttle to the Pier, checked in a few minutes before 11:00 and were on board having lunch by 11:15.