NewSummit Tuscan Grill...pictures anyone?

bigreckster

We've always eaten dinner in Normandie on our Jan cruises and wondered what they have done to the seating in that room when it was retrofitted to Tuscan Grill. We like to dine in comfort and the close seating in Luminae is not really to our liking although the food was excellent for the breakfast and lunch we ate there. Hope someone can give us info. on the new space that is now Tuscan Grill and what they thought of the menu/service/food presentation.:)

Wondering if the menu is the same that is posted on the Celebrity website.

In the press release about the Millennium post refit, it says that the Tuscan Grille has the introduction of a "refreshed" menu.

I'll imagine that this menu will be the same on the Summit, as the switch was just made there too.

Hope we can get pics of the new venue and a menu from someone on the Summit soon!

The old Normandie room was beautiful...plush carpeting, lalique sconces and fixtures, round tables with white linens tableclothes, and large windows for looking at the view. New Tuscan got rid of everything except the ceiling lalique fixtures. Floors are big tiles, tables are rectangular slabs with place mats, and the windows have slats completely covering the window. You cannot see anything lutside. It is very different.

We were just on a few weeks ago but neglected to take any pix. Sorry. The furnishings are nice but not up to the standards of the Normandie. I also cannot understand the slats on the windows. Those windows offer some outstanding views. Why block them???. The menu was a bit different than the S class Tuscan Grills that I remember. I had tuna which I asked to be just shown the fire and cool on the inside It was cooked, or not cooked, perfectly. DW had one of the "home made" pasta dishes and she was very happy with it. Warning, just like the real home made it is dense but tasty. They also had this very dark coffee with a touch of Sambuca, lemon wedges with cloves and some other ingredients. I am not a big coffee drinker but did have two, very nice. Service was excellent.

Bottom line, it is not the Normandie but worth a visit. We will be back on the Summit and plan on revisiting the TG again. Full disclaimer, food is a very subjective subject :)

We always enjoyed our table for two by one of the windows and the service, especially table-side preparations was great! Dining there every evening, the chef would literally prepare any dish for us after the first few nights...even a veal saltimbocca not mentioned on any menu! Hard to believe they covered up the windows. Do hope someone has further comments and also some pictures we could look at???

We were on Summit 14 days and ate in the Tuscan Grill 3 times. New menu and food was great, but the style/decor of room is horrid! We couldn't figure out why they would not only cover the windows with wooden blinds but make them permanent ones not moveable. Plain white walls with small rectangular mirrors & no art at all made for a very boring decor. We had expected some kind of Italian theme, but nothing like that. Even the entry space was boring- a missed opportunity. X should do better!

We didn't see any table side preparations but the service was outstanding and we did enjoy everything we ordered. We thought the menu was definitely better than the old one. The cold aged steaks were fabulous (you do pay extra for them).

Whether you like steak or Italian, you will like Tuscan.

We were on Summit 14 days and ate in the Tuscan Grill 3 times. New menu and food was great, but the style/decor of room is horrid! We couldn't figure out why they would not only cover the windows with wooden blinds but make them permanent ones not moveable. Plain white walls with small rectangular mirrors & no art at all made for a very boring decor. We had expected some kind of Italian theme, but nothing like that. Even the entry space was boring- a missed opportunity. X should do better!

We didn't see any table side preparations but the service was outstanding and we did enjoy everything we ordered. We thought the menu was definitely better than the old one. The cold aged steaks were fabulous (you do pay extra for them).

Whether you like steak or Italian, you will like Tuscan.

For me, being ably to see outside was the best part; so I have no idea where I will eat, except Luminae, Blu or MDR. What a disappointment! Definite suite class push...

Edited by Lastdance

On the Summit the Elite breakfast was held in the new Tuscan Grill. It was not very well attended as was most of the Elite activities. The Elegant Tea was cancelled at least one week that we were on board (can't remember if that happened the first week). Maybe it was the itinerary- lots of different islands with only one sea day each week!

Still hoping someone has some pictures of the remodeled room??? Not liking what has been described as the changes to our favorite dining venue with a table for two at the window...blinds slats covering those windows? Really?? Again, our experience with the food in Luminae was excellent but sitting next to someone two feet away was not what we considered comfortable dining. I guess that will be our alternative if we don't do Tuscan Grill each evening!