Inside Cabin, Verandah Deck on the Inspiration

louanne93

Inside cabin V28 on the Inspiration just came open. I've always wanted to try this inside. I know it's forward and I'm ok with that as I don't get sea sick. Any feedback? These go fast so I'm assuming there is a reason.

I know its all based on what you're used to but we didn't like the inside cabin. it was like sleeping in a closet for a week. We had a verandah deck inside in 2012 and it was the one and only time we did it.

A bartender told us they always have insides so they just leave the TV on the ship bow camera so they could tell if it was light or dark out. Maybe that would help?

Alot of people really like rooms way up at the top. I have done that on a couple different types of ships, and found that I prefer being down low. But that's me. Plenty of people really like being so close to the pool & buffet. These rooms are also just steps away from this ship's one and only forward observation deck (aka secret deck).

As a side note to interior rooms, I have no problem with them. I've sailed in all types of rooms, and I am always fine with a basic inside. I can go from a balcony to inside without any problem. I find that being in an inside room makes me want to get out and about more, and I have more fun being out & about as opposed to sitting on a balcony. And when it's time to sleep, I sleep so good in the inside room. I always bring an alarm clock with the time lit up, so that I don't sleep too late. In an inside, it still looks like the middle of the night in the middle of the day.

Alot of people really like rooms way up at the top. I have done that on a couple different types of ships, and found that I prefer being down low. But that's me. Plenty of people really like being so close to the pool & buffet. These rooms are also just steps away from this ship's one and only forward observation deck (aka secret deck).

As a side note to interior rooms, I have no problem with them. I've sailed in all types of rooms, and I am always fine with a basic inside. I can go from a balcony to inside without any problem. I find that being in an inside room makes me want to get out and about more, and I have more fun being out & about as opposed to sitting on a balcony. And when it's time to sleep, I sleep so good in the inside room. I always bring an alarm clock with the time lit up, so that I don't sleep too late. In an inside, it still looks like the middle of the night in the middle of the day.

We have done suites, balcony's, and insides. Lately, I've been getting insides. I am the same! I have no problem with an inside. I sleep great! Thanks for responding. I booked the cabin and am so excited!

This is exactly why we put our teens into an inside (when I booked, I could have gotten neighboring balcony rooms for less than a balcony & an inside across from it - the agent actually brought the inside's price down to match the balcony's. Go figure!) I digress...my older boy is super light sensitive, gets up with the sun every single day. We are hoping that being in an inside will enable him to sleep like a proper teenager for the first time in his life :D

This is exactly why we put our teens into an inside (when I booked, I could have gotten neighboring balcony rooms for less than a balcony & an inside across from it - the agent actually brought the inside's price down to match the balcony's. Go figure!) I digress...my older boy is super light sensitive, gets up with the sun every single day. We are hoping that being in an inside will enable him to sleep like a proper teenager for the first time in his life :D

My last cruise I had an inside (we usually do a balcony and put the kids in an inside across the hall too!). I also have huge sleep issues and I slept like NEVER before! Now I'm torn between sleeping great and having a balcony! Lol! I was able to stay up til past midnight because I slept so well. Usually I am up by 4:30 or 5. In the inside I slept til 7! Huge difference...

The best thing about the inside on the Verandah deck is that it's a short walk down the hall to get to the deck at the front of the ship. They are my favorite inside cabins.

The best thing about the inside on the Verandah deck is that it's a short walk down the hall to get to the deck at the front of the ship. They are my favorite inside cabins.

THANK YOU!!!! That is the answer I have been looking for. I knew I had read that somewhere before and that is why I wanted to try it! Are there chairs up there? Thanks so much!!

Edited by louanne93

It's been awhile since we cruised Carnival...decided to try something new for a change...But I must say that we have always loved the Fantasy class ships and would only book a Verandha cabin. Could not do without a balcony, so never had an inside, but if you like convenience and quiet...this is the place to be. There are only about forty cabins on this deck and so about the only people that are there are the stewards and the people that have booked these cabins. Here is a link to a thread all about these cabins. It is a few years old but has lots of great information. Any questions that I can help with, I would be glad to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868&highlight=fantasy+class+cat+11&page=9

It's been awhile since we cruised Carnival...decided to try something new for a change...But I must say that we have always loved the Fantasy class ships and would only book a Verandha cabin. Could not do without a balcony' date=' so never had an inside, but if you like convenience and quiet...this is the place to be. There are only about forty cabins on this deck and so about the only people that are there are the stewards and the people that have booked these cabins. Here is a link to a thread all about these cabins. It is a few years old but has lots of great information. Any questions that I can help with, I would be glad to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868&highlight=fantasy+class+cat+11&page=9[/quote']

Thank you so much! I really appreciate all your help!

No, there are not chairs on the "secret deck". It is quiet with very few cabins. The balconies are quite bit more than the typical inside/outside room so in my experience, I have observed people who really enjoy the peace and quiet of cruising, not those seeking more of a party atmosphere.

It is not convenient to the Lido deck food offerings or the serenity deck in the Fantasy class ships, but that adds to the peacefulness of the location.

I prefer either that or aft cabins to mid cabins as there is a lot less traffic at all hours of the day and night. Enjoy!

No, there are not chairs on the "secret deck". It is quiet with very few cabins. The balconies are quite bit more than the typical inside/outside room so in my experience, I have observed people who really enjoy the peace and quiet of cruising, not those seeking more of a party atmosphere.

It is not convenient to the Lido deck food offerings or the serenity deck in the Fantasy class ships, but that adds to the peacefulness of the location.

I prefer either that or aft cabins to mid cabins as there is a lot less traffic at all hours of the day and night. Enjoy!

I upgraded to a balcony! My husband really likes the balcony and he doesn't know so it will be a nice surprise!

I stayed in V32 on the Inspiration a few years ago and I loved the location of the cabin but had problems with cigarette smoke smelling up the cabin quite often. It was so bad I brought it up to guest services and they offered to change my room but it was day 3 of a 4 day cruise so I declined.

I stayed in V32 on the Inspiration a few years ago and I loved the location of the cabin but had problems with cigarette smoke smelling up the cabin quite often. It was so bad I brought it up to guest services and they offered to change my room but it was day 3 of a 4 day cruise so I declined.

I hope that is not the case on this cruise. What room did they offer to move you to? Same category? Just curious...

• 3 months later...

I am booked on the Verandah deck, interior also.

It's the first cruise for my friend and I and I am debating so many things...

One is the interior on Verandah vs ocean view on Upper.

I'm so torn but like the idea of walking outside and being on deck with my morning coffee. I also like the idea of peeking out and seeing where we are.

I just can't make up my mind and friend doesn't really care.

If your cruise is before mine (December) please write back and let me know how you liked your cabin/location.

I am also new to message boards so learning my way around and do not know how to post a question, just how to reply...

Carrie

Caricross16,

First welcome to the Cruise boards. You will find a wealth of information on all aspects of cruising and most people are wonderful to help with any questions or information.

You and your friend should have a wonderful first cruise....a word of caution....CRUISIING IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!

It would be hard for me to advise you on a cabin regarding an inside or an ocean view. As I stated, we always pick a certain balcony cabin. If it is not available, then we pick a different date that it is available.

I think maybe your personalty might help....are you one to be out and doing things on the ship and only in your cabin to sleep and change clothes or do you want to be away from others and enjoy your cabin and the beautiful views. For us there is only one answer...we are very private people and we are not real party people. Our cruise is just for the two of us to get away and be together, therefore the quiet balcony cabin is what works for us.

Maybe some of the others that have inside cabins can give you more information on those. As much as we love the Verandha deck, if it was a choice between and ocean or an inside, i beleive I would choose the ocean view.

I hope whatever you choose, you and your friend will have a wonderful time.