Cabin 2277 Cove Balcony

2paradise

Hi

Just booked a cove balcony on the Vista for Sep 2017. I have never booked a cruise that far in advance. It is going to take forever to get here I am sure :p.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin or near this cabin? If so, what are your thoughts? Do you have pictures?

Thanks!

Hi

Just booked a cove balcony on the Vista for Sep 2017. I have never booked a cruise that far in advance. It is going to take forever to get here I am sure :p.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin or near this cabin? If so, what are your thoughts? Do you have pictures?

Thanks!

Three adult women stayed in 2433 -- FH deluxe suite cove balcony -- disembarking inaugural cruise this a.m. Tons of room. Check deck plan to see what is above you. 2433 is underneath galley and it thumps and thunders and crashes all hours day and night.

I was in 2273 on the Breeze in the fall of 2014 on an 8-day Southern Caribbean. It was my favorite cabin ever. It looks like the deck plan is the same as the Vista for the forward cove balconies. You would be under Guest Services. I was never bothered by noise from Deck 3. I like the cove balconies because of the privacy and closeness to the water. You won't have to look down at the promenade deck. The cove balconies are perfect for reading, having a glass of wine, or just watching the sea. They are somewhat enclosed, so there is little direct sun. I found this to be a positive; it was never too hot.

You are also very close to the forward elevators (or stairs) that will take you right to the atrium.

I will be on the Vista June 21 sailing Athens to Barcelona in a Lido Balcony. We chose this for the views of the Mediterranean ports, but other than that I would take the cove balcony and the sea splashing anytime.

Three adult women stayed in 2433 -- FH deluxe suite cove balcony -- disembarking inaugural cruise this a.m. Tons of room. Check deck plan to see what is above you. 2433 is underneath galley and it thumps and thunders and crashes all hours day and night.

This is VERY useful information. Thank you!

I couldn't imagine how they would isolate the noise from the galley. In a Family Suite now, but I think I will switch.

We had an inside cabin on deck 10...no noise and a great location. The only downside is that there is only one closet for hanging clothes (other ships if I remember correctly have two closets). You still have the one area with shelves and drawers. One other thing that I didn't know is that you have to keep a card in the light switch slot in order to charge your phone. I couldn't understand why my phone didn't charge overnight and was later told this was the reason. The ship is beautiful and we didn't have any problems at all....you will love it!!

We had an inside cabin on deck 10...no noise and a great location. The only downside is that there is only one closet for hanging clothes (other ships if I remember correctly have two closets). You still have the one area with shelves and drawers. One other thing that I didn't know is that you have to keep a card in the light switch slot in order to charge your phone. I couldn't understand why my phone didn't charge overnight and was later told this was the reason. The ship is beautiful and we didn't have any problems at all....you will love it!!

This is on the Vista? About the light switch?

Hi

Thanks!

I am booked in 2329 on the Vista for the Sept 13, 2016 Med. cruise. Should be quiet, as it is under the dining room. Yours will be located right under Guest Services. Should be safe from noise at that location.

Edited by HawkIVette

Yes, apparently from videos by John Heald, you must keep a plastic card in light slot.

Ok, so I would think that leaves the lights on also. Explain or show me a link to this so I won't feel so stupid come September.

I am booked in 2431 on 12/3 and that looks like it is next door to your cabin. Was the noise a big issue on your experience? We have 3 kids in the room with us so this was the only room that fit us... and there are no other rooma available on that sailing... we are generally not too bothered by a little noise but if it is "wake you up" noisy that is an issue.

I am booked in 2431 on 12/3 and that looks like it is next door to your cabin. Was the noise a big issue on your experience? We have 3 kids in the room with us so this was the only room that fit us... and there are no other rooma available on that sailing... we are generally not too bothered by a little noise but if it is "wake you up" noisy that is an issue.

The noise and the accompanying thumping, rolling, etc., was not something to dismiss, and was especially bad between 10pm-1am and again around 3am-5am. We put up with it because we had been in 2408 -- same suite across the hall -- which was a ground zero area for the "pipe noise" that was so much worse! When a Guest Services agent came to that room and heard it, her eyes grew very large and she immediately moved us. (This was about 8pm the first night on the ship.)

After spending a night in thumper suite 2433, we again contacted Guest Services. We were offered a regular balcony suite on Deck 8 (as I recall). But we were three women who had already put our stuff away twice, and the regular suite -- so very lovely and quiet -- seemed TINY after getting arranged in the FH Deluxe, particularly to the hard-of-hearing grandmother who had essentially treated us to the trip. We did not press her.

The ruckus above us interrupted our sleep and our Ship Days' rest -- every day, all the time. I strongly recommend you move to another cabin if possible, but stay with a FH cove balcony because the extra room is very nice, as is the extra bath. I believe the FH suites with lower numbers did not have the same problem; they are under the restaurant but not the galley. I believe 2433 is the last cove balcony suite and those FH suites with higher numbers do not have balconies (but check).

Good luck and Buon viaggio!

Hi

Thanks!

I stayed in 2293 on the inaugural run which is just aft of that particular cabin. I will be posting pictures of that room shortly in my review. Please look for it here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2356991.

I haven't sailed yet on a ship that had the card in the light switch thing. I just had an idea though that might be helpful and I'll be putting to the test if I do:

Bring a magnet or tape and a piece of string/yarn. Put that through your card near the switch and let it dangle nearby. Then you don't have to go fishing around for the card..it's hanging right there to turn your lights on. Almost as easy as a clicky switch.

Seems to me that having to put a card in would be quite annoying.

I haven't sailed yet on a ship that had the card in the light switch thing. I just had an idea though that might be helpful and I'll be putting to the test if I do:

Bring a magnet or tape and a piece of string/yarn. Put that through your card near the switch and let it dangle nearby. Then you don't have to go fishing around for the card..it's hanging right there to turn your lights on. Almost as easy as a clicky switch.

Seems to me that having to put a card in would be quite annoying.

I just put a piece of paper in there and left it there the whole cruise. Housekeeping never removed it and then I just used the lights like any normal adult. Turned them off when I left and turned them on when we arrived. By leaving the paper in the slot we were able to charge batteries/phones, etc., while we were out and about. We also noticed the same thing in our apartment in Barcelona. Looks like Carnival isn't the only one that does this.

I hope Carnival figures this one out...this was an early concern for almost all of the FH cabins. I, like many others, spent more money on these cabins for the purpose of the lounge and added amenities for our kids (and us!). If they are horrendously noise I hope people complain before my cruise in November and Carnival figures it out....

Dumb design IMHO...

• 2 weeks later...

I had 2433 reserved. I changed it to an ocean suite on deck 7 because of the fear of the noise from the galley people kept speculating on. Since the pictures of the FH suites keep being posted, I've regretted changing suites. This one post has me so relieved.

• 1 month later...
The noise and the accompanying thumping, rolling, etc., was not something to dismiss, and was especially bad between 10pm-1am and again around 3am-5am. We put up with it because we had been in 2408 -- same suite across the hall -- which was a ground zero area for the "pipe noise" that was so much worse! When a Guest Services agent came to that room and heard it, her eyes grew very large and she immediately moved us. (This was about 8pm the first night on the ship.)

After spending a night in thumper suite 2433, we again contacted Guest Services. We were offered a regular balcony suite on Deck 8 (as I recall). But we were three women who had already put our stuff away twice, and the regular suite -- so very lovely and quiet -- seemed TINY after getting arranged in the FH Deluxe, particularly to the hard-of-hearing grandmother who had essentially treated us to the trip. We did not press her.

The ruckus above us interrupted our sleep and our Ship Days' rest -- every day, all the time. I strongly recommend you move to another cabin if possible, but stay with a FH cove balcony because the extra room is very nice, as is the extra bath. I believe the FH suites with lower numbers did not have the same problem; they are under the restaurant but not the galley. I believe 2433 is the last cove balcony suite and those FH suites with higher numbers do not have balconies (but check).

Good luck and Buon viaggio!

This scares me a lot, we have Cove room 2406 booked with 2 young kids....nothing else appears open at this time. Why put FH cabins in such a noisy area? Now I am getting more and more concerned....

This scares me a lot, we have Cove room 2406 booked with 2 young kids....nothing else appears open at this time. Why put FH cabins in such a noisy area? Now I am getting more and more concerned....

2406 is on the other side of the ship from 2433, and several rooms up the hall. It may be very quiet. Look at the deck plans. Print out the plans for decks 2 and 3, place them on top of each other, and see what is above you. If it is only the restaurant, that's not a big deal. If it is a galley, particularly if it is an entrance to the galley, well...I'd move.

Best wishes.

We've got 2406 in August. I'll let you know what it's like.