[B]Our Grandeur Cruise--The Good, The Bad and The Worth Mentioning[/B]

The balcony incident sounds like a very frustrating experience. Glad to hear you were not stranded all day! :eek:

Thanks for posting the review.

We were, too.

We were actually as annoyed with the Guest service person as the room steward. The steward was new and he made an honest mistake. Actually he made several of them--but, who is counting. :rolleyes: I am sure some are wondering. We did not remove any tips. But, he did not get any extra, either.

We went to see the GS person after we were released. When we explained who we were he started to laugh. DH looked him right in the eyes and told him it was not funny. :eek: When the woman above us reported that we needed help this person at GS called the bell captain [that is what it sounded like he said--have no idea who that is] but, the GS never followed through to see that anyone came.

When the gentleman that was making the phone call answered our plea we asked him to have security sent to our room. they were very prompt. So, lesson learned--if you really need someone call security. :)

If you like to go to bed around 10 pm this could cause you a problem. but, by 11:00. it is quiet.

PS--7150 is a great cabin! We knew the couple in that cabin and checked it out. Loved that wrap around balcony and walk in closet!!

We are excited about the harmony TA, also. See you there. :)

awesome. thank you! i'm more of a "to bed at 2 a.m., up around 10 a.m." kinda gal, so if it's quiet by 11 and during the morning, i'm good. :D

we're excited to check out the balcony on 7150. we practically live on the balcony during our cruises. i will be sure to tell our steward not to lock us out! :p (DH actually locked me out once accidentally at a hotel and i was not a happy camper. it's funny now, but at the time, not so much...)

awesome. thank you! i'm more of a "to bed at 2 a.m., up around 10 a.m." kinda gal, so if it's quiet by 11 and during the morning, i'm good. :D

we're excited to check out the balcony on 7150. we practically live on the balcony during our cruises. i will be sure to tell our steward not to lock us out! :p (DH actually locked me out once accidentally at a hotel and i was not a happy camper. it's funny now, but at the time, not so much...)

You will love the balcony! . . . and yes, we laugh about it now. :D

John is supposed to be on the ship thru mid July. Then Paul Rutter will take over while the Blairs are on vacation. They are due back in the fall. If you want to monitor the situation, follow this thread that has the best info available...

John is supposed to be on the ship thru mid July. Then Paul Rutter will take over while the Blairs are on vacation. They are due back in the fall. If you want to monitor the situation, follow this thread that has the best info available...

Thanks I will be happy not to have it's all about me John Blair when I sail her in August

We're on Grandeur next week (June 4) for a 5-night Bermuda cruise. We have JS 7150...we LOVE those after corner balconies. I'm sure we'll have the same stateroom attendant. Hopefully he'll be a little better by then.

Peter

:eek: Good Luck. I felt his heart was in the right place. He just needed training.

I love that balcony, have a good cruise!

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas