Vista Inaugural 5/1/16 13-nights Trieste-Barcelona Review

NCTribeFan

With the problems I had with allergies due to all the brand-new materials on the ship, I don't imagine I'll ever do an inaugural again. I really booked for the itinerary, and mostly for Ephesus, which didn't happen. Being first wasn't an incentive for me. Venice was great.

Maybe in a couple of years, my timing will be better and I can see Ephesus and do a B2B. Hey, by then, I might even be semi-retired and won't need to worry about deadlines so much! ;)

Yeah, Ephesus was indeed a major draw for us when selecting that cruise. With it being an inaugural cruise was just icing on the cake.

Sorry about your allergies NCTribeFan. One person in our group we dubbed patient Zero as the arrived in Venice with a "cold" and then slowly all of got some for of that awful coughing that could be heard around the ship. Maybe it was allergies for all of us as well and we wrongly blamed Patient Zero!! Oh well!!

Holding out for "Vista II" info as we're mostly likely going on another cruise until late 2017 at this point. Time for us to just settle with vacationing on land in tropical spots for a few days at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

OP, I came down with a nearly identical bug while on my Med cruise in June, and I was not a brand new ship. I too have horrible allergies, but I really think it's a bug going around tourists and/or Europe. Many on my ship were coughing (I call it kennel cough on ships [emoji5]). I am still sick with it...cough, clogged sinuses, stuffy nose alternating with runny nose, and rundown but not out for the count. It's not a fun way to feel on vaca! Hope you're finally well, and thank you for sharing about your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was blamed for infecting the entire ship just because I was the first in our cabin to get sick. :p

I've finally stopped coughing. Pretty sure I actually cracked a rib as it's still extremely painful when I take a really deep breath or cough or sneeze.

I know that when you travel, you're more apt to pick up something. After all, you're suddenly thrown into the mix with people coming from other areas bringing their regional "bugs" to which you haven't been exposed. Having the allergies, I think, just gives makes it easier for those bugs to take hold.

Your system is already struggling to fight the imagined attackers. Top that off with being tired from the travel (I know I was jet-lagged days after the trip over even though I no longer felt it), getting cold and tired from all the exploring, and your immune system is just overwhelmed.

There are still on-going review threads (and I thought I took a long time to write this!) that have many more ship photos. I may have to borrow some to add to my photo albums.

Maybe I should actually finish uploading my photos to social media! I still haven't finished that!

Was online searching for the place in Crete where I bought the wine and the mini-bottle of body lotion. I can order the larger bottle on Amazon at $19.99 each (I don't have prime). I love it, but not sure I love it enough to spend that much. Suffering from non-buyers remorse. Turned out I had plenty of room in my suitcase and wasn't even close to 50#, so I could've bought it there.

And still wishing I'd bought a leather jacket in Italy!

Yep. I just need to plan on another Med cruise. Doesn't have to be on Carnival. I'm flexible! :D