When to book shore excursions

I know that you can book shore excursions at any time, but when is a good time so you don't miss out on a popular excursion? Is booking a month before you sail a good idea? We're sailing in September and sailing with people who haven't sailed before. Just trying to figure out a timing to tell them.

I know that you can book shore excursions at any time, but when is a good time so you don't miss out on a popular excursion? Is booking a month before you sail a good idea? We're sailing in September and sailing with people who haven't sailed before. Just trying to figure out a timing to tell them.

I have booked as far out as 5 months. My last cruise, I was going to get a cabana at Half Moon Cay and they were already sold out 4 months before cruise. I know some people book a year out if the shore excursions are available. Upcoming cruise is next April and excursions are still not listed.

I book as soon as I know for sure that is what I want to do. Something could sell out, although for some excursions, they can just add another group. Another factor can be the time slot. For example when we zip lined in St Lucia I had heard it was better to go in the morning slot so it's not hot and crowded, so we booked that right away. You can always get a refund if you change your mind, even if you book and pay in advance and then cancel on board.

As soon as you know what you want to do, book it, especially if it says limited availability.

We wanted to do the beginner scuba in Freeport on out last cruise. I have never booked shore excursions online before we get on the boat, I always wait until we are on the ship. Well, sure enough, the beginner scuba was sold out! I checked in everyday with the shore excursions desk, was even put on a waiting list, but no luck. Needless to say the kids were very disappointment and this cruise we will be booking in advance.

As soon as they become available, especially for the limited ones.

Last cruise, the Half Moon Cay Oasis, Villas, and Cabanas become available 8 months prior. At 6 months out, they were all booked and remained that way.