Dream/Majesty

My view is I have done both, Dream 3 times and Majesty once, but then I love cruising and although the ships are different, they were both great for me. Dream will always be a favourite though, being the one we first cruised on and lead to our addiction.

Gill

Edited by gillhalfpint

105 Views of this post and only Muffinman1 has a preference (Thanks Muffinman1) surely someone else has views. Thanks in advance. :)

Yes, I prefer Majesty to Dream as the single cabins are in better locations and the layout of the ship is IMO better. Dream has all the entertainment on one deck and to be honest it all feels 'samey' Things might be better now they have remodelled waterside. I like the Royal Observatory on Majesty as it is similar to Horizons on Celebration/Spirit or the Crows Nest on P&O ships.

There you are, one all ;)

Have sailed on Dream 6 times and Majesty once - on the whole I preferred Majesty and am going on her again in October.

Dreams main good point for us is the theatre and slightly superior cabins but we prefer the layout/more modern feel and choice of 2 MDRs on Majesty plus liked the half waiter service/half buffet at breakfast in Seven Seas MDR on Majesty.

Both good though and you won't be disappointed whichever you choose.

We had 2 cruises on Dream then 2 on Majesty. Just done repo on Dream and although they both have their own plus points over one another.

Dream rooms larger

New Waters Edge layout excellent on Dream

Kora La on Dream IMO better than Le Bistro although both good

Layout feels better and varied on Majesty

MDR choice better on Majesty

Of course itinerary is important and we loved the Adriatic. Having said all that I would happily go on either again and booked for 2 weeks on the Majesty later this year around Med

Any thoughts on preferences between Dream or Majesty ? Have only ever sailed once with Thomson's and that was on the Spirit.

I have sailed on both and I and my family prefer the Dream. First the theatre is a double on the Dream so more seating with better views. Second the other main room were they do quizzes and other gatherings is central and in my opinion a much better area than on the Majesty. Around the pool on the Dream it feels like they have more room. You can have a lounger were it is just tables and chairs on Majesty. If you are on the upper deck of the Majesty not much room to walk past the sun beds if you are walking round the edge. Finally you have to upgrade really on the Majesty as the cabin is so tight. We needed to keep the beds as singles so we had the middle

to walk/stand in or one of us would have had to climb over the other to get in or out of bed and not good for anyone on a late night wee.