Just off Allure,5/15/16

Had a great cruise on Allure last week,the ship is just awesome,couple things of interest .....

We had JS 8242, same deck as Central Park,we had a 1 minute walk to park cafe and the specialty restaurants,very convenient.

We bought the 3 night dining pkg,worked out great

As a JS guest we had access to the Coastal Kitchen,it is first rate! Don't miss it

Also a new suite perk for JS is the new card,just show it at the towel stand no check in or out of towels.

The Diamond program is same as it has been, no changes.The upgrade toiletries were very nice.

Mama Mia was a full length 2 1/2 hour show,very well done.it does get cold in that theatre,bring a jacket.

We also went to the Meet and Mingle,highly recommend,free event,maybe 30 min,hosted by the cruise director staff,gave away free wine,champagne and RC logo crap,it was fun,sign up and go !

Edited by pete1681

Blue Planet was the highlight show for us but we absolutely loved Mama Mia as well.

In coastal kitchen, be sure to have the cauliflower soup... As my grandmother said... "Oh wow... This is simply a sin."

Thank you! My Fiancee (will-be wife) is VERY excited for Mama Mia! We were originally booked on Oasis and were not at all interested in Cats.

I'm hoping our meet and mingle works out, its been a little slow thus far.

Agree 100% with that summary. Ate at Costal Kitchen 5 out of 7 nights.

Did the Teppanyaki one night, personally not worth the $35/ $40 price tag but it was good. (Was pre-booked for less, think that price was pushing it.)

Found the food in Windjammer was a few notches above Freedom's. My opinion the desserts were better.

Edited by chandom

Had a great cruise on Allure last week,the ship is just awesome,couple things of interest .....

We had JS 8242, same deck as Central Park,we had a 1 minute walk to park cafe and the specialty restaurants,very convenient.

As a JS guest we had access to the Coastal Kitchen,it is first rate! Don't miss it

Also a new suite perk for JS is the new card,just show it at the towel stand no check in or out of towels.

The Diamond program is same as it has been, no changes.The upgrade toiletries were very nice.

Mama Mia was a full length 2 1/2 hour show,very well done.it does get cold in that theatre,bring a jacket.

We also went to the Meet and Mingle,highly recommend,free event,maybe 30 min,hosted by the cruise director staff,gave away free wine,champagne and RC logo crap,it was fun,sign up and go !

Glad you had a great cruise, we are sailing Allure in cabin 8240 next month. Did you guys enjoy the cabin, how was the balcony ? Any other perks for JS ? Thanks !

How many menus are there for the costal kitchen?

I had heard there were 2 throughout the week. Wonder if it had changed.

Still just two on Oasis class, as far as I've seen.

Still just two on Oasis class, as far as I've seen.

Correct, two menus.

The pattern on Allure was as followed

Vineyard

Harvest

Harvest

Vineyard

Vineyard

Harvest

Vineyard

Edited by chandom

There were 2 menus,but there were plenty of choices on each,on Friday they had lobster and escargot,which were not on the menu.

We just had water with dinner,so don't know about any wine,it wasn't offered.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Any experience with Voom?

I thought Voom was fine on Allure. Uploads did seem to take longer than expected. It could have also been the program I was using. YouTube would stream HD without any issues.

I did notice a few handfuls of WiFi weak/dead spots on the Promenade.

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1922227688

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1923445809

Edited by chandom

I thought Voom was fine on Allure. Uploads did seem to take longer than expected. It could have also been the program I was using. YouTube would stream HD without any issues.

I did notice a few handfuls of WiFi weak/dead spots on the Promenade.

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1922227688

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1923445809

I assume these tests were using the surf+stream package?

Edited by clarea

We are currently on the Aluure of the Seas and dined in Coastal Kitchen last evening as Jr Suite guests. Excellent service and food and a great evening meal with beautiful views. But as Diamond Plus members, we were not allowed to order Happy Hour drinks as we would in the Dimond Club. The restaurant manager explained this to us after we inquired if we could get wine. We were given a wine list with pricing by the glass or by the bottle. He also explained that we were more then welcome to bring our Diamond Plus gift bottle of wine on our next visit. He explained that these are the new rules that went into affect May 1st.

Wow - we are also diamond and you would think we'd be able to use our "nightly drink vouchers" in the ck. Guess I'll just be running back and forth from the diamond lounge..... [emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow - we are also diamond and you would think we'd be able to use our "nightly drink vouchers" in the ck. ...

The nightly drink vouchers have never been able to be used in restaurants.

Does anyone know which unlimited Voom internet package is included with the Sky Class suite benefits? Surf & Stream or standard ? We are Diamond members with a Crown Loft Suite booked in the May 29th sailing and were disappointed to read in this forum that there are no DVD players available in this class of suites. Thank you in advance.