Princess cabins you liked and why

sashas_mom

I think sometimes people who have been on these boards for a while may forget what it is like to be new to the boards, and how exciting it is to find so much information all in one place!

I'm sure that it must get redundant and annoying after a while, when people ask the same questions as someone a few days before. However, the threads disappear so quickly, and us newbies have SOOOO many questions.

Thank you to everyone ahead of time for their patience and understanding. Thank you also to all of the welcoming, eternally helpful people who never seem to tire of our eternal inquiries.

Thanks Sashasmom for starting this thread, I find it very helpful!

Hi Jen,

Thank you, I'm so happy you are finding this helpful. I am pretty new at this also, and found it frustrating to try to figure out which cabins I would like to choose since I am not one of those cruisers who can just take any cabin and be happy to be on the ship. I do get seasick, although the meds and bands definitely help. Now that we've experienced a balcony, we love it, but would only want one that is fully covered. How would a brand new cruiser know to make sure they are not over a disco or under a pool area where they may be bothered by the shuffeling of chairs. It's the reason I've become very appreciative of this board. I have learned so much. In reality I think Princess should have better descriptions, i.e. if the balcony is covered or partially covered, so we don't all have to guess if this is an important feature to us (which it is if you are going to Alaska or need to stay out of the sun). I too am finding it very helpful and am going to save the information in my inbox where I have files for different cruise data.

sasha'smom

SashasMom,

You have done a GREAT service to cruisers, and I do humbly apologize for pointing out the Cabin Selection Tips board, and suggesting that you might want to have this post over there, too. I was just trying to help, and not slamming you for posting. That board is, of course, for ALL cruisers, and not just Princess ones. I am so sorry that I upset all the other newbie cruisers as well.

Happy cruising to you all. DD

SashasMom,

You have done a GREAT service to cruisers, and I do humbly apologize for pointing out the Cabin Selection Tips board, and suggesting that you might want to have this post over there, too. I was just trying to help, and not slamming you for posting. That board is, of course, for ALL cruisers, and not just Princess ones. I am so sorry that I upset all the other newbie cruisers as well.

Happy cruising to you all. DD

DesrtDrmr,

No need to apologize. I completely took your suggestion as a means of being helpful, I never took it as you slamming me for posting. We're all here to help one another and that's how I took it.

sasha'smom

These balconies are completely covered and HUGE! Lowest price category and a bargain. Even though the Promenade Deck is 1/2 deck below you, it is very private. Most people do not even know they are walking by a balcony and if they do, they cannot see in. In high winds, we could literally play cards out there....it was like having another whole room. We had 2 loungers, 2 straight chairs, cocktail table and dining table. All this with plenty of room to walk around!! There are only 8 of these, 4 per side.

We're on the diamond for the June 17, 2006 cruise to Alaska. We're in mini suite D228. What is the balcony like...covered? If not, how open is it? Taking an 11 year old with us...would like to us the balcony as much as possible for him when we view the glaciers. Thanks...:confused:

I just booked E730 on the Caribbean Princess for 9/30/06! Thanks for the advice sunnyv! It will be our FIRST Mini Suite! We can't wait!

You will love this cabin! We booked it again for our 10/29/2006 cruise:D

Great thread Eileen - Hello to you and Mark

The Balcony was partially covered. The Balcony was deep enough to recline in the lounge chairs or sit at the table in privacy and not have the sun shine down on you if your sun shy. The only exposure was about the width of a deck chair and when you stood at the rail. It was nice to have the choice of either being in the sun or not. The room is very large and the bath had a jacuzzi and glass enclosed shower with a massage shower head. Fantastic room.

Should also add to the above post that this cabin is midship with very little movement even on rough sea days. It was located just off the elevators and stairway but we never heard any noise. I didn't experience any creeking noises within the cabin. It was very quiet and very comfortable.

This is a balcony cabin on Caribe Deck--midship. The balcony seemed as big as the room. It was partially covered and partially uncovered. Even though it was September in Alaska, we used the balcony all the time, especially since it had some coverage. It had 2 reclining chairs, 2 regular chairs, a nice size table, and a side table and still plenty of room to move around. Highlight of our trip was breakfast & Coffee on it in Tracy Arm with the gorgeous scenery, well and a blanket too! The cabin was very centrally located as well...3 decks up to the buffet and pools and grill. Or 3-4 decks down to lobby, dining, promenade deck, etc.

We will be sailing on a Princess ship for the first time too...Nov. 14th. I've been told that our cabin has a covered deck. But I was wondering if you feel much motion toward the back of the ship? Has anyone been in this cabin? Is the balcony a decent size? Thanks for any info you can give me!

Hi Gineee (do I have enough e's?). Great to hear from you. We are doing great, wishing we were still on the ship (can you believe it's a month since we sailed?). Thanks for the cabin info. Thanks too to others who have helped with this thread.

sasha'smom

We were on the Ocean Princess in 2001...B605. Standard room, covered balcony. Don't know if this one is still cruising.

:confused: Didn't realize your thread had been started....I'm asking about BB750 and BB756 on Caribbean Princess......are they good balconies? I've been told there's an AC unit between BB756 and 757 and the draft is cold and noisy. Also, BB750 is partially obstructed with a long partition between balconies. Anyone been in these rooms? Departure Dec. 31st for a New Year's cruise; it's getting closer and really hope we're not making a poor choice...perhaps still time to change.

We had 2 cabins on the Island Princess E220 & E222. It was the first time we had a balcony and we loved it. We were able to open the partition between the rooms which was great. The location was also very good. After dinner, we would go to the Princess Lounge for the show, get our seats and then be able to go back to our cabin to use the facilities, get a drink, etc. It was great. Enjoy your cruise.

We have stayed on the Golden in E729 and on the Star in D503. Both are mini-suites.

E729-We loved this stateroom. It was aft ship with a covered balconey. The stateroom's balconey was huge because of being the last stateroom on the side of the ship so therefore it wrapped around. We got this stateroom by booking a guarantee and we lucked out. We were above the Vista Lounge but only noticed noise during the day. Kind of far from the elevator but we don't care about that. We are those people that use the stairs instead of the elevator the exercise reasons.

D503- We loved this stateroom just because it's a mini-suite however, the balcony was not covered which we didn't really care for. A few times I would be out on the balconey reclining and reading and would look up to see people looking down on me. Didn't really like the non-privacy. This room was a category AA probably because it was mid-ship so therefore didn't have much rocking. We kind of missed the rocking. So from now on, we will always book something that has a covered balconey and not care what location the stateroom is. We got this stateroom again by booking a guarantee and this is what we were given.

Beth

how about cabin b424 island princess, any specs on this one. thanks.

B424 on the Island is a balcony cabin on the center "bump out". It is midship, covered balcony (bacause you are on the bumpout, the view to either side is great!) and close to the elevators, although there is no noise from the elevator traffic at all.

We were in the comparable cabin B501 on the Coral and really enjoyed the cabin and it's location.

Archived