Princess cabins you liked and why

sashas_mom

I thought it would be so helpful to have a thread where we could all benefit from your experience on which cabins you liked and have it all in one thread. Perhaps you could say in the title, which ship, cabin number, where on the ship. In the body of your message tell us if a balcony was it covered? Was the balcony small or larger than most? Did you feel a lot of movement or hear noise in your cabin. If you hated your cabin, please share why. I look forward to reading your responses and know this will be helpful to all our cc friends.

sasha'smom

I thought I would start us off with our experience in this cabin. The cabin was a very nice size. The balcony was decent and private and fully covered. First time in the aft, but found it to be fine. The only movement that bothered us was one night going to Hawaii where the water was rough and I think no matter where you were on the ship you felt the movement. Heard no noise except the cabin did creak at night.

If its on a ship I don't care what its like, I'm happy.

Yes, I know, I love cruising too. However, I am trying to be helpful to those who would like to benefit from knowing about the different cabins, so any helpful information would be great. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

sasha'smom

Dear Sashas Mom,

Perhaps this thread would be really helpful on the Cabin Selection Board??? I see a lot of questions about specific cabins there..............what do you think?

Hi DesrtDrmr,

I didn't know there was such a board. How do you find it? I agree it would be good to have it there, but if I didn't know it existed, I wonder how other novices will know. I would love a link to it please.

Thanks.

sasha'smom

Hi SashasMom,

To get to the cabin selection tips topic, you click on Cruise Critic Message Boards, and then, instead of clicking on Princess, you go down to Cruise Discussion topics, and Cabin Selection Tips is the first or second selection.

I hope this is the link! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=207

(The Cruise Fashion board is fun, too!)

I think you had a good idea, and look forward to reading about future, and even past cabins..........

Happy cruisin'

Thanks for the info. See, there is so much to learn about these boards. I think more people would benefit from this information here since everyone reads this part of the cc threads. I'll give it a little while longer to see if we get more input and if not, I will ask the question there.

sasha'smom

All our cruises have been in aft rooms and we like it there. It's quiet and have not noticed any additional movement.

Island E633 - balcony - covered

Diamond E719 - mini - covered (this balcony seemed bigger)

Island C717 - mini (I measured the balcony and it was about 9' x 7') - covered with about 1 1/2' exposed at end

I'll be glad to answer any specific questions on those rooms.

I was excited about your thread then disappointed that others weren't joining in.

I checked out the cabin selection board but didn't find any specific info about our rooms.

BTW, they are C624 & C626, Island, aft bumpout.

I'm a new cruiser so I don't have any info to share but I will be happy to after our trip.

Dear Sashas Mom,

Perhaps this thread would be really helpful on the Cabin Selection Board??? I see a lot of questions about specific cabins there..............what do you think?

But the Cabin Selection board shows info for ALL the cruise lines. This is GREAT because it is just Princess!

Back to E731

This is the farthest aft cabin on the starboard side of the Emerald deck. The balcony is covered and almost twice as large as most other mini's balconies. Will accommodate 4 people.

The cabin is directly above the seating section of Club Fusion. We only heard a bass sound from Club Fusion below us once on our cruise over New Year's. Motion doesn't bother either of us, but even so, I didn't feel any extra motion compared to other places on the ship.

When you look down from your balcony, you only see water! And because the balcony is covered, it offers protection from the weather and privacy.

Here is a link to pictures I took of this cabin:

http://community.webshots.com/album/290527980oqveMZ

There really isn't a cabin I haven't liked. Some I've preferred over others and I'll never do an inside again, but each cabin I've been in has its own unique space and location. I've been in everything from mini-suite to a "single" cabin (yes, there are some on the Regal). I'd love to be able to do a mini-suite or a suite every cruise but that's just not possible. I'd rather cruise more often and take interesting cruises. :)

Pam,

Since you are obviously an experienced cruiser with Princess and have had a selection of cabins, could you be more specific about them? What the cabin numbers were, which ships? Were they covered, partially covered if balconies. Can you tell us where they were, i.e. middle, aft, etc. and if you felt a lot of movement or heard noise? I am trying to compile a list to be helpful to other cc's. It would be so nice to have one place where people can go to get questions answered about a specific cabin on a specific ship or category of ships. Thanks.

sasha'smom

I was in P322...on the Diamond ..outside lowest Deck 5... almost midship .It was great...two of the anytime dining rooms were right there, along with the library and tour desk and espresso bar with yummy pastries in AM...Smoother ride down on my level...fun to watch the waves fly by your room...rooms are good size...Of course I am not picky about where my cabin is.

Hi wer are booked on the diamond next Sept on the aloha deck A422 it looks like we are beneath the deck with the pool anyone ever stay here its our first balcony and I dont want it to be a bad experience. any suggestions would be great

We found this balcony room absolutely wonderful. The view was great and unobstructed. The size was very comfy for the two of us. The balcony had a romantic table (I was on my honeymoon so everything was romantic lol). It was one of those table for two plastic deck tables with 2 plastic chairs but the balcony was still roomy.

I will report on Caribbean Princess Riviera R243 when I return in a few weeks. I am sure it will be great as well.

=)

Hornet,

How was the noise level when you were on Island Princess in cabin E633? I noticed your room is between the stairs and the elevators. I will be on the Coral Princess later this year and my room falls in that location and I'm a bit worried about the noise.

I also really liked the Plaza Deck when we stayed on the Star and the Diamond. It has a window, no balcony, but loved the location. Very convenient and hardly ever felt movement. Then again, both times it was to the Mexican Riviera and I don't think you feel much movement on that cruise.

sasha'smom

annimal - Actually, we never noticed any noise outside the door in the hall or area by the elevators. In fact, we thought the room location was very convenient to the stairs. Most people don't hang out in these areas - just head to their rooms. You also look directly down to the water from this balcony.

We've had

Golden Princess D217 great mini suite balcony uncovered

Grand Princess D527 same as above

Dawn Princess B620 this was a BC balcony (rest sold out) it was okay - small for us as DH loves the mini's. covered balcony as it's cut out of the hull of the ship

Coral Princess D527 the best mini (AB) we've had yet. It was a bit larger than the other's we've had - balcony uncovered.

Archived