Marseille, France port question

Hi,

My husband and I and our 3 kids are cruising on Norwegian Epic for the first time in June! We are super excited. Looking at the port times for Marseille it shows we are in port from 7am-4pm. How early are we able to get off the ship? 7? We are joining a tour group through Provence Xplorer and we have to meet in front of the Marseille Tourist Office at 9am. We will most likely take a taxi to get us there quick. Just wanting to make sure we'll be able to get off the boat and get to our starting location by 9 ;)

Thanks in advance!

Beth

Whoops, my bad with the ship/boat thing.

Thank you for the quick response. My worry is that the tour isn't specifically for cruise passengers. There were very clear that if we weren't there by 9, we could miss the tour. How long does ship clearance usually take? If we dock at 7 is it reasonable to think we could be off by 8?

Thanks

You can usually get off of the ship within minutes of the stated time. It will be much closer to 7am than 8am.

Just to check, you are aware of the distance to the city from the dock? That bit will take a while and needs a shuttle bus.

You can take a cab if one is available. We were there with three other cruise ships in port and had to wait.

NCL offers a round trip shuttle bus for $15/ which can aggregated and applied against the excursion credit promo for all in your cabin. The stop is a 10 minute walk from the center of the city. The lines were long ... again, there were a lot of other ships in port that morning.

We are hoping to get a taxi. With 3 kids, it might be easier.

I believe there is one other ship in port when we are there. Hopefully it's not too crazy. I'll just plan on giving us a big buffer of time. If we get to the tourist office early I'm sure there is somewhere we can grab a coffee or pastry near by.

Thanks everyone.

Beth

Unless the ship is delayed for some reason, the 7am arrival will give you more than enough time to meet your tour for 9am. Taxis should be easy enough to source as should the NCL shuttle bus.

Have a great cruise

Hi Smithgirl1277,

What date in June?. We are due there on 11 June and have just noticed that England play Russia in the European football championships that day so there could be potential disruption in the city due to a large influx of football fans. Just wondering what effect this will have on us being able to enjoy what the city has to offer as this will be the only port on the cruise we haven't visited before.