Millennium Post-Drydock...Loving It

jaspersmommy

Hi:

Can someone tell me if the Celebrity suites were updaded on Millineum? I hear the furnishings were old and worn. Wondering if they have been replaced? Also, were the bathrooms gutted?

Any recent pics would be welcomed.

Booked on Millie August 2017 for Alaska. Wondering if we would do better on the Solstice. Any feedback on M vs S in Alaska?

Thanks in advance.

I believe it was only Penthouse and Royal Suites that were refurbished.

We'll be on her in 10 days and can't wait to see all the upgrades!

A couple of questions; have you been up to the new Rooftop Terrace where they show moves? Have you heard of anyone complaining of the noise from the movies? Have you been to BO5 now that it is sushi?

Enjoy your cruise - we'll be watching for your review!

We are back and had an Aqua 1 on deck 11 aft - #1138. I wanted to come back to report about the noise from the deck 12 Rooftop area.

In our cabin we could not hear any noise from deck 12 - but on the balcony you can hear the noise. Many more people up there now and foot stomping along the back rail, way more traffic on the stairway up from the bar on deck 10 and the screen noise. Clearly heard. Of course you've always had the bar noise from below so hopefully no one thought these were quiet balconies to begin with. I personally would NOT book a deck 11, aft balcony on a warm weather cruise where you spend way more time on your balcony than we did in Alaska. Just too much noise for me.

Thank you for information re restoration of "Millie". We have just started to consider cruises on "Millie"again. We had a most a diabolical experience debarking in Honolulu which left us being most disappointed with some senior staffs' organisational skills.

It was our second sailing on Millie and otherwise okay.However it is pleasing and tempting to hear she is looking good in her new finery.

Regarding the Sushi bar, I expect RCL thought this an easy snack like cuisine requiring little kitchen space and staff. The theory that Sushi caters to Asian sailings is incorrect. A Noodle Bar would be more to the regional taste buds. Japanese, Sushi & noodles is less popular.The popular lunch would be authenic flavoured Chinese, Malaysian, Indonesian or Phillipine style noodles. Guests queuing up, the restaurant humming.

Australians, Asian folk and seasoned travellers would flock there as it is the cuisine we miss when away from home.

Stir fry in Oceanview is okay but lack lustre due to lack of basic condiments.

The dear Cook who sevices the Stir Fry would be over the moon with more flavouring to add authenticity to his creations. It is a small inexpensive ask of RCL, please?

We are hooked on Aqua. Blu's superb silver service and menu's at breakfast and dinner and lovely ambiance.

Edited by koalapanda

Could someone report in about possible changes to our beloved Thalassotherapy pool? I had read somewhere on CC that the curved pipes at the corners that provided strong jets of water were removed during the refurb. Please say it isn't so. :eek:

Betsy