The Inaugural Vista's Official Trippingpara Mayhem in the Mediterranean Review

DSC01235-28.jpg

DSC01264-33.jpg

A sea of orange tile

DSC01262-32.jpg

DSC01245-29.jpg

A Silversea ship at tender

DSC01282-34.jpg

Inside the walls in the Maritime Museum (before I found out that photos weren't allowed. Oops!)

DSC01285-35.jpg

A nod to Dubrovnik's seafaring past

DSC01408-44.jpg

DSC01416-45.jpg

Lady Trip...well,....being Lady Trip!

DSC01419-46.jpg

DSC01426-47.jpg

I stumbled upon a wedding photo session in the Palace Sponza

DSC01431-48.jpg

There were a lot of street musicians performing. They were all superb!

DSC01432-49.jpg

The streets of Dubrovnik

DSC01452-54.jpg

Marin Drzic, a priest by trade is considered the finest Croatian Renaissance playwright and prose writer. Locals sit on his lap and rub his nose for good luck

DSC01462-56.jpg

The narrow streets of the medieval city

DSC01461-55.jpg

The steps leading up out of the ancient city towards the modern city outside the walls

After spending the morning touring the walls and a quick jaunt through the old city, it was time to head up outside the ancient streets of the old city to the cable cars that lead up to the top of Mount Srd.

DSC01465-57.jpg

DSC01468-58.jpg

The view from the cable car as it makes it's way up Mount Srd

DSC01477-60.jpg

The view from the top of Mount Srd was amazing! You had a perfect view of Dubrovnik, the islands of Lokrum (the closest island), Kolocep, Lopud and others to the north. At the top of Mount Srd sits Fort Imperial, an old Napoleonic fort that became the last line of defense for the defenders of Dubrovnik. This is where they held of the combined Serbian and Montenegrin armies for 4 years. Some parts of the fort were repaired so they could turn it into a museum while other areas were left as they were to show the level of destruction that had rained down on these young men. It was a very somber but interesting museum.

DSC01469-59.jpg

DSC01479-61.jpg

DSC01481-63.jpg

DSC01493-64.jpg

DSC01503-67.jpg

DSC01480-62.jpg

DSC01500-66.jpg

The walled city of Dubrovnik

DSC01495-65.jpg

The museum inside Fort Imperial

DSC01508-68.jpg

The shelled remnants of Fort Imperial

DSC01511-69.jpg

On the top of the fort

DSC01515-70.jpg

How heart wrenching that must have been for the defenders to look down on their city and watch helplessly as the Serbian Navy turned it into rumble.

DSC01518-71.jpg

Heading back down into the fort from the roof

DSC01520-72.jpg

Inside the fort

DSC01522-73.jpg

One of the museum rooms

DSC01528-74.jpg

The war ravaged walls of the fort

DSC01532-75.jpg

Time to head back down to the walled city

DSC01543-77.jpg

Looking at the walled city from the outside

DSC01550-78.jpg

Octopus burgers???

IMG_0115-79.jpg

Trip gets a gelato!!

DSC01571-80.jpg

Some period musicians performing right inside the drawbridge of Pile Gate

We were pretty worn out from all of the walking and stair climbing. We needed some food! So we headed back to the old harbor of the walled city to Lokanda Peskarija. A seaside restaurant that specializes in seafood. Lady Trip ordered the Platter Peskarija (which was marinated and salted anchovies, fish pate, cheese kept in oil and octopus salad) while I went with the cuttlefish risotto.

P5030427-14.jpg

That is a ton of risotto!

P5030430-15.jpg

It wasn't until the dish was delivered did I remember that cuttlefish have ink. The sauce was jet black from the ink. Great, now I'm going to have ink stained teeth! Luckily the very large stein of Ozujsko beer was able to cleanse my palette and my teeth properly.

After the giant lunch, we lazily strolled the Stradun, did some souvenir shopping and then decided it was time to try our luck with the city bus system and head back to the ship.

DSC01595-84.jpg

HAL's Eurodam

DSC01577-81.jpg

Okay, thanks to everyone for assisting me as I work out these technological snafus. Here are the photos that I originally posted as we strolled around the streets/canals of Venice.

ry%3D480

The streets of Venice

I remember when you wore that cute little red dress and your parasol. Sorry, couldn't help myself. Your pictures are great, glad we hired you to be our private photographer. Can't wait to see the rest of the story! Miss you guys.

Edited by Rosesgt

I remember when you wore that cute little red dress and your parasol. Sorry, couldn't help myself. Your pictures are great, glad we hired you to be our private photographer. Can't wait to see the rest of the story! Miss you guys.

I looked bloody good in that dress didn't I? It really accented my calves nicely and that parasol just finished it off. LOL. Miss you guys, really wish we could swing that Pride cruise with you!

I've been "MIA" from CC for about a month now due to family emergency back in the "homeland" (the 'burgh) but that's over and I'm back in Virginia and playing "catch up" around here. I finally got some CC time last week, found and just got caught up with your review after reading bits and pieces since late last week. All I can say is WOW!!! You're pictures are gorgeous! My jaw is on the floor, but I might as well just leave it there as there is lot more to come. :D

I have to comment on the pictures of Slovenia, the ones you got of Vista in the evening, and these of Croatia...just so beautiful! I know there are more to come. We may get to do a European cruise one of these days, but that won't be happening anytime soon, but at least I can "see Europe" this way. I'm loving your writing style and laughing out loud, as always. :D

Thank you for doing this one, I'd been looking forward to it, and am looking forward to the rest.

Really enjoying your review so far!!

Loving your review and fabulous photos!

Would love to see Splendor review by Tripette :D

Thank you so much! Glad you guys are enjoying it. Trippette is working on the Spendor review as I type this. I'm pretty anxious about seeing it myself!:D

I've been "MIA" from CC for about a month now due to family emergency back in the "homeland" (the 'burgh) but that's over and I'm back in Virginia and playing "catch up" around here. I finally got some CC time last week, found and just got caught up with your review after reading bits and pieces since late last week. All I can say is WOW!!! You're pictures are gorgeous! My jaw is on the floor, but I might as well just leave it there as there is lot more to come. :D

I have to comment on the pictures of Slovenia, the ones you got of Vista in the evening, and these of Croatia...just so beautiful! I know there are more to come. We may get to do a European cruise one of these days, but that won't be happening anytime soon, but at least I can "see Europe" this way. I'm loving your writing style and laughing out loud, as always. :D

Thank you for doing this one, I'd been looking forward to it, and am looking forward to the rest.

My Virginia/Pitt friend. I hope that everything is alright back in the 'burgh. Thank you for reading along and for posting such nice comments about my review! There is still a ton more to come! I've been working most of the day today just going through my photos from Kotor - and that's only our 2nd port!!! Oh vey, what did I get myself into!?

I lost the link to the personal website that this review is also on. Can someone point me to it?

Anyone? I was looking at the video of the sky ride that was posted but I accidentally closed my browser and can't find the website it was posted on.

Anyone? I was looking at the video of the sky ride that was posted but I accidentally closed my browser and can't find the website it was posted on.

Sorry, but I think you're posting in the wrong thread. There is no other website that this review is on nor is there a video of the sky ride in this review (at least not yet!)

Sorry, but I think you're posting in the wrong thread. There is no other website that this review is on nor is there a video of the sky ride in this review (at least not yet!)

I must be going crazy. Maybe it was another passenger that also is writing up a trip report. Too many things to keep straight in my head when I'm trying to finalize our trip's details. One more month to go for us!

I must be going crazy. Maybe it was another passenger that also is writing up a trip report. Too many things to keep straight in my head when I'm trying to finalize our trip's details. One more month to go for us!

Look at LoutheGlue review of the Vista. About page 7 of his review.

Edited by Sturmin