10/22 Oosterdam Dining Change - No, I'm not kidding...

heavenly

I got an email from my TA this morning. According to her, she said that HAL got an overwhelmingly negative response to the dining changes made on the 10/22 cruise and that they have put the dining changes on hold.

I'm so hoping that this is true.

I'm wondering if the overwhelming negative response came from the crew or the guests? ;) LOL

Thanks for sharing it Iggy and I hope your cruise is fantastic.:D

Originally Posted by Iggipolka

I got an email from my TA this morning. According to her, she said that HAL got an overwhelmingly negative response to the dining changes made on the 10/22 cruise and that they have put the dining changes on hold.

I'm so hoping that this is true.

HIP HIP HORAY!!!!"]

I can only hope HAL will not try this again

The fact that they got so many negative comments is encouraging - it means they'll really have to think it through before trying anything like this again. Who knows? They may come up with something really cool, but I think for now they've learned what their customer base wants.

Keeping my fingers, toes, and eyeballs crossed that the info is correct.

Thanks for posting it.

If the dining experiment got the negative response, then what sailing got the overwhelmingly favorable one? The PH cruise?

Blue skies ...

--rita

IThere must be a reason why HAL is doing this test. I wonder if it is because they have had negative comments on the survey forms after moving to the 4 dinner time sittings.

I have cruised 4 times since the change and have always been assigned the 8:30 sitting. This is an half hour too late for me and my traveling companion(s). On three occasions we have got it changed to 8:00. Nevertheless, we made a comment on the survey form that we preferred the old dinner timings. My TA has told me that the reason that I get 8:30 for this is that I must book late, frequently at a guarantee. This is due to work obligations.

Most of us want 6:00 or 8:00. Right? 5:30 is too early and 8:30 a little too late. Most HAL Alumni want early (5:30 or 6:00). I have sat in the Queens Room often enough waiting for my number to be called to be certain of this.

QUOTE]

I am quoting myself from last week. It is a little edited, but I am still wondering why HAL tested this Leisure Dining concept. They must have had a reason. I think that they must have had comments that the current 4 dining times was not what a lot of passengers were happy with.

From scanning through this thread, I can see that most CC posters are happy with the present dinner times. I think this is that because most of you are in the position to book early, (sometimes a year in advance) and always get the time and table you wish.

I suggest that there are many Mariners, who do not post here, and first time cruisers who are not happy with the 4 dining times and find 8:30 to be too late.

Archived