Sorry - Another Voom Question about price

I am typically so anti internet on vacation... Being in IT and fundamentally on call all the time I really have enjoyed the completely unavailable status a cruise (or back woods camping) provides.

With that said I have not paid much attention to the new Voom posts that have cropped up lately. And now I need some answers and can't find them.

My teen daughters do not share my and internet views.... And I do like the idea of being able to message each other throughout the day.

So here is my question (in multiple parts)

There is a package Surf + Stream for 4 devices in my shopping cart and the sale price is $274.19

To get this I had to assign it to myself (kind of like an excursion) As in One User but 4 devices.

Is this the proper package for my family of 4? or do I need to buy each person a 1 device package.

The 4 device package seems to be a little cheaper than adding a 1 device package for all 4 cruisers.

The other issue is that we are also split between two staterooms.... if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Alan

You did the right thing, one 4-device package is all you need.

You will get one access code to be used on all your devices. You can use more than 4 different devices, but the system will only let 4 devices be logged in at one time.

Edited by clarea

Thanks - I thought that was the case but I didn't like the fact that I had to "assign it" to myself so just wanted to double check with all of you.

I really appreciate your quick response.

Alan

Thanks - I thought that was the case but I didn't like the fact that I had to "assign it" to myself so just wanted to double check with all of you.

I really appreciate your quick response.

Alan

You're welcome, and it won't be the last time that the Royal website confuses you.

Rather than start another thread, I'll jump in here with another questions, if that's okay!

I have the 1-device Surf plan for my husband and myself for our Navigator cruise in a couple weeks. He will hardly use it at all, maybe check his email once a day, and I will use it a bit more but certainly not constantly.

What is the easiest way to sign out of one device to then log on another? The last time we cruised, it was priced per minute, so I definitely logged off when not using it, but it was long enough ago that I don't remember the best way.

Thanks!

Rather than start another thread, I'll jump in here with another questions, if that's okay!

I have the 1-device Surf plan for my husband and myself for our Navigator cruise in a couple weeks. He will hardly use it at all, maybe check his email once a day, and I will use it a bit more but certainly not constantly.

What is the easiest way to sign out of one device to then log on another? The last time we cruised, it was priced per minute, so I definitely logged off when not using it, but it was long enough ago that I don't remember the best way.

Thanks!

Either go to logout.com or bring up your wifi control page and disconnect from the network. Sometimes we didn't need to do anything - logging on to the new device killed the old one. But they supposedly auto logout after 4 hours of non-use, so maybe this is what actually happened.

Either go to logout.com or bring up your wifi control page and disconnect from the network. Sometimes we didn't need to do anything - logging on to the new device killed the old one. But they supposedly auto logout after 4 hours of non-use, so maybe this is what actually happened.

Our experience is that there was a 2-hour timeout when you disconnect without logging out.

Our experience is that there was a 2-hour timeout when you disconnect without logging out.

Thanks so much, sounds as if it will work well for us!