Tandoor on the Vista? Is it true?

Velvetwater

Hi

Read a few reviews and have heard mumblings there is a tandoor on the Vista in the Lido Marketplace.

Can any Inaugural folk confirm this?

Is it just an asian food station? (ie has oriental food too)

Does have a real tandoor oven like other ships or is just the food?

We would be super happy if its a real tandoor as we adore Indian/Bengali food and from our experience it is often good on ships as senior chefs are of Indian et al origin.

I also like the little elephant:

tandor--v7468000-cc-218.jpg

Please tell me its true! (I thought the tandoors were going after one was replaced/due to be replaced on a ship)

I couldn't find the Tandoor while I was on the inaugural but not everything was up and running fully. I asked an officer in the Lido area and he said that it was coming but not ready yet. I can't confirm if it will be oriental food or if it will be a pure Indian/Bengali food. I suspect if they do have it in the upcoming cruise, it will be oriental food.

I couldn't find the Tandoor while I was on the inaugural but not everything was up and running fully. I asked an officer in the Lido area and he said that it was coming but not ready yet. I can't confirm if it will be oriental food or if it will be a pure Indian/Bengali food. I suspect if they do have it in the upcoming cruise, it will be oriental food.

Oriental food?

It's Indian food. Or its not a Tandoor.

Hi

Read a few reviews and have heard mumblings there is a tandoor on the Vista in the Lido Marketplace.

Can any Inaugural folk confirm this?

Is it just an asian food station? (ie has oriental food too)

Does have a real tandoor oven like other ships or is just the food?

We would be super happy if its a real tandoor as we adore Indian/Bengali food and from our experience it is often good on ships as senior chefs are of Indian et al origin.

I also like the little elephant:

tandor--v7468000-cc-218.jpg

Please tell me its true! (I thought the tandoors were going after one was replaced/due to be replaced on a ship)

Initially tandoor was supposed to be there but for some reason it was taken off the website. We had tandoor last year on splendor and absolutely loved it.

Fingers crossed

I normally like indian food and had it on the Breeze, but it was just WAY too spicy for my tastes...you can tell it was prepared for the Indian palate. I always ask for mild when I eat at Indian restaurants but even those are spicy, but palatable. On The Breeze, the days I tried it, it had me sweating and my mouth burning!!

Edited by Love2Cruz2015

Oriental food?

It's Indian food. Or its not a Tandoor.

There was NO tandoor on my cruise on Vista on 5/14.

Another reason to skip Vista or at least wait. :(

That's a pretty sad reason.....food.....

I had a wonderful time on my 5/14 Vista cruise !

Food is absolutely a good reason to skip something.

That said its just a part of other reasons.

Not having a tandoor section is a poor reason.

Stop it now. You guys shake hands and hug.

On the other ships that I have seen Tandoor, they are located on the back of Lido opposite of the pizza place. Usually only open during the day and early evening. As other posters have said, it just may not be open yet at time of first sailing. But Carnival website does not show it as an option. It has the Seafood Shack located where Tandoor is on other ships.

Edited by HawkIVette

Where would they put it?

I, myself, believe it won't happen, but other poster stated "asked an officer in the Lido area and he said that it was coming but not ready yet." so I won't call them a liar.

IDK, maybe they are confusing JJ Asian place with Tandoor?

I, myself, believe it won't happen, but other poster stated "asked an officer in the Lido area and he said that it was coming but not ready yet." so I won't call them a liar.

IDK, maybe they are confusing JJ Asian place with Tandoor?

OK, thanks. I'm thinking along the same line as you that it isn't part of any still to be finished project. I just can't think of an area it would go.

With the Sunshine rebuild Bonsai Sushi wasn't finished right away but there was an area for it.

I don't think it's going on Vista, it's only open for lunch on the Breeze. They have the sea food shack instead. Pity.

I will be on vista next week and looking forward to sea food shack, we can get indian anywhere but living on the prairies can't get good sea food