Transferring booking to TA

RTLS

Oceania is only 30 days

If they had king beds on more than 2 ships, and in another market than just the Caribbean in winter, I might have been aware of their policy. A suite with a smaller bed than I have at home is a deal breaker.

Well I just transferred a booking made almost a year ago to my usual online TA no problem.

May vary from TA to TA but this one, a HUGE agency that does tons of Celebrity said it isn't all that big a deal for them.

I guess others may see their milage vary. :D

This was an actual Celebrity booking and not an Open Passage that had yet been booked?

Edited by jagoffee

If I book a cruise with a cruise line TA and they match the OBC against a Big Bulk Store, can I transfer the reservation to the Big Bulk Store TA and keep the OBC or would the cruise line remove the matched OBC to avoid a double dipping. Also, would I still be in control of managing the cruise line reservation on their website.

Without the "huge corporate cruise line" the ship you so want to sail on would not be possible.....so wanting to use the small business is not such a great thing...plus...even using a TA you will want to use the larger services as you will get better a rate and more OBC than if you used a single TA working from His/Her home

Unless you are doing an onboard booking, I can't imagine ANY reason to book directly with a cruise line instead of a TA. Anything that the cruise line can offer you, a TA can offer you. But, a good TA can offer lots of advantages from OBC over and above the cruise line offering, group pricing and/or additional perks.

The money we have saved from booking with the right TA(s) has more than paid totally for several other cruises we have taken.

Plus, many times you are dealing with a small businessperson rather than a huge corporate cruise line.

This was an actual Celebrity booking and not an Open Passage that had yet been booked?

Yup

I had booked the Iberian Peninsula on the Constellation for July 1st 2016 and had a rare deal come up to go to Amsterdam so switched it over the the TA from X including actually modifying the ship and sail date.

I booked it last June and switched it all the end of March this year

It'll be my eight Celebrity cruise this year but don't think that made any dif.

4jnc4x.jpg

Yup

I had booked the Iberian Peninsula on the Constellation for July 1st 2016 and had a rare deal come up to go to Amsterdam so switched it over the the TA from X including actually modifying the ship and sail date.

I booked it last June and switched it all the end of March this year

It'll be my eight Celebrity cruise this year but don't think that made any dif.

4jnc4x.jpg

Thanks. Good for you. I wonder if you were able to do it because you changed ships and dates.

Thanks. Good for you. I wonder if you were able to do it because you changed ships and dates.

The senior rep I spoke to said if transferred outside the 60-day window it would require re-booking at the price and with the promos offered at that time. I would think changing ships involves a re-booking, so I don't think this is a good example of an exception to their rule.

The senior rep I spoke to said if transferred outside the 60-day window it would require re-booking at the price and with the promos offered at that time. I would think changing ships involves a re-booking, so I don't think this is a good example of an exception to their rule.

I think you are correct even though one may be able to keep the on board booking number and associated OBC.