Orca Enterprise?

janica

Has anyone booked a whale watching excursion with Orca Enterprise in Juneau? If so, how was your experience with this company? Thanks for your help!:)

I think you will find virtually unanimous agreement on here that Orca does a very fine job. I can only think of one post in the past that was negative, and that may bave been more than 2 years ago. We took a tour with Captain Larry and were very pleased. Orca coordinated a helicopter/glacier landing/walking trip for us as well---handled all of the transfers between the dock (whale watching) and the airport, and got us back to the ship. Very professional organization with a good product.

Virtualy everyone raves about Orca & Capt. Larry.

I am also a big fan.:)

Last summer they gave our group of 6 adults a great whale watch, and also coordinated a helicopter flight to a glacier for me. They coordinated my ground transportation between the airport and docks.

Yes, I highly recommend them.:)

Terry

Last summer they gave our group of 6 adults a great whale watch, and also coordinated a helicopter flight to a glacier for me. They coordinated my ground transportation between the airport and docks.

Terry

I agree with the others. We went with Captain Larry in June while he was still using his older boat and we had a great time. There were about 16-18 on our excursion; not very crowded at all. I have read very few negative comments about Orca Enterprises in the months since I began reading the posts on this website. Like another poster said, this may be the most talked about excursion on the Alaska board.

I am one of the original recommenders of Orca Enterprises for over 7 years. They are so highly recommended now it is like a pyramid effect. :) I have gone with them 4 times this year alone and continue to be my top independent vender choice in Alaska. Yes they now know who I am, I guess it wasn't hard to figure out with my repeat business. But my recommendations came long before I became friends with them.

Bottom line, they are wonderful people who run a great business. Customer service is top notch and of course Larry a gem.

Last summer they gave our group of 6 adults a great whale watch' date=' and also coordinated a helicopter flight to a glacier for me. They coordinated my ground transportation between the airport and docks.

Terry[/quote']

Who do they use for the glacier landing, and which glacier's do you go to?

I have been in contact with them and from what I understand I can book for next June right now. I will be doing so as we are quite certain we want to whale watch and do the glacier landing/trek. Good luck.

Be well aware of cancelation fees. This gets an occasional negative for this company by people who change their minds then later complain. If you book now, be willing to accept them or otherwise wait, my opinion only, you can easily book next year and get the time you want.

Be well aware of cancelation fees. This gets an occasional negative for this company by people who change their minds then later complain. If you book now, be willing to accept them or otherwise wait, my opinion only, you can easily book next year and get the time you want.

At what point next year do you suggest? January, March, May?

Also consider how many in your group, port time etc. especially since you want to try glacier copter tour as well.. I made ressies for our group's June tour in December. And yes they do have a rather strict cancellation policy but IF you ware aware and can a "live" with it.. book anytime.

Who do they use for the glacier landing, and which glacier's do you go to?

As Budget Queen stated, they booked me on Coastal. We landed on the Hurbert Glacier. It was Budget Queen suggestion, which I am glad I took, to have Orca coordinate my transoortation from the Coastal site to Capt. Larry's dock. It did save me about an hour. As I've stated before, both did a wonderful job. :)

By the way, after leaving Herbert Glacier, we flew back to the airport over the Mendenhall glacier. Not certain if that always happens, and we did not touch down on Mendenahl, but it was kind of like getting an extra bang for our buck. :)

Just wait awhile and be patient. They have had a very busy summer and they are probably taking a few days for vacation. If you do not hear from them in a couple of weeks then call them. I also highly recommend them. They are awesome.

Marilyn

Archived