Formal Night Attire on Raddiance of the Seas

Yes, it is optional. Their or no dress codes, but nightly recommendations. Just be neat and presentable. For years I did the formal routine and just got sick of it. Now I just wear a nice pair of slacks with a button down shirt and call it a night. They do have some general dinner rules, like no shorts in the dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

Edited by Zigggypup

So I have read on a blog that on formal nights Men's suit coats and or ties are optional.

Is this the case?

Would Dress pants, button up collard shirt, vest and bow tie be ok?

Except for the bow tie;), you would find many others dressed like you describe.

Their formal nights aren't t like they used to be. Back in the day people wouldn't be caught dead in something you are describing. I wished it was still that way since I love formal nights, but that was back then and this is now. :) We still dress formal, but when I see someone dressed in that attire I don't think they are dressed terrible or inappropriately. Men that have taken off their jackets look like that, no biggie. You will be more dressed than some others. I have even seem men in jeans and a pull over. :eek: Can't understand their definition of "formal", don't think they know what it is.Go dressed as you are talking about and you won't feel out of place. Enjoy your cruise.

I see you only have 28 post. Sometimes that means someone is new to cruising, but not all the time. If you are new then you are in big trouble. :D If you are like most of us, you won't be able to get enough. :) Go out and have the best time ever.

Edited by ReneeFLL