TSA lines at New Orleans airport?

akvols

Partially depends on the airline. The American Airlines terminal has had very long lines, while the Southwest side is a little better. It has been a few months since I last flew through MSY, but I have heard it is consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just came through MSY a day ago for business, we flew Delta & made it through in about 15 mins. We did arrive at 2:30pm, however within minutes we did see a long line.

As other poster mentioned, it is really dependent on airline carrier & time of day.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Don't forget to save a little time to check out the Riverwalk. Also, there is a Cafe de Monde there for the beignets:-)

You can also keep an eye on this site: http://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/wait_times_home.aspx

It's usually a good idea to check around the same day of week/time of day you plan to fly out since the data only goes back about 24-48 hours depending on the number of reports. It's dependent on people with the app reporting their experiences so it tends to skew towards the pre-check lines but it usually will have some regular line info as well.

You can also keep an eye on this site: http://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/wait_times_home.aspx

It's usually a good idea to check around the same day of week/time of day you plan to fly out since the data only goes back about 24-48 hours depending on the number of reports. It's dependent on people with the app reporting their experiences so it tends to skew towards the pre-check lines but it usually will have some regular line info as well.

Good info, plus it may be worth it if you fly a few times per year to apply for Global Entry, which gives you automatic pre check and a known traveler #. This helps not only at the airport, but also when disembarking a ship and going through US Customs.

Many cruiselines now have dedicated lines for G.E. In FLL leaving the Conquest last month, hundreds were lined up for regular US Customs checks while the G.E. line was empty.