Okay...I gotta know...

That almost never happens. We have never been upgraded. But you can check with the pier coordinator when you arrive to see what's available and for how much. The price is determined by what type of cabin you are booked in. If you do a search people have posted an estimate of the pier upgrade fees.

How do you get (or can you get) complimentary upgrades? Do you need to wait until you get on board to request this or what?

EggDrop -

These complimentary upgrades do happen, albeit rarely. If there are upgrades to be had, you can ask for it at the pier. You will have to pay an upgrade fee for the cabin ( search the threads, the prices are listed somewhere!) the fee is higher for suites.

There are quite a few threads on the boards about upgrades - if you have never done a search before, simply click on the right hand corner of the main board screen that says "search this forum" and key in a word like "upgrades" - you'll be amazed at all the information!

Good Luck :)

As I understand it, at least on Royal Caribbean, complimentary upgrades go first to Diamond and Diamond Plus members of Crown and Anchor and then Platinum members. That would be complimentary upgrades, not paid upgrades. I have no idea how paid upgrades are achieved, but there is certainly no harm in trying, even as late as going to the Guest Relations desk once you are on board.

We once spoke with a couple who actually WON an upgrade to the Royal Suite as the main prize of an on board bingo game.

It does happen. My SO and I were upgraded to a Royal Suite from a regular balcony on Celebrity Summit in December of 2003 no charge. Could have knocked us over with a feather. We spent the first few days walking around grinning like idiots.

We are not Elite. Only had done three other cruises on X before that.

So yes, miracles do exist.

celtic

Archived