Help Wanted: Mary or Elizabeth

Brown - Eyed - Girl

Hi bananavan I’m rather late coming back with our final decision as it wasn’t quite the plain easy sailing we thought it would be, I intended posting over the weekend until other things got in the way.

We finally decided on Queen Elizabeth as it ticked off a lot more of our wish list especially as Japan is on the itinerary, initially the plan was to do one or possibly two sectors, the more we looked we realised there were other places we didn’t want to miss out on so after much deliberation we decided it was all or nothing so booked the whole world, we are very excited at the prospect it really will be the holiday of a lifetime.

I understand there are lots of events arranged for world cruisers.

canoncruiser, thank you for your comments about the Indian Ocean this was primarily my reason for booking either QE or QM2, I’ve done some research already so many wonderful places to visit, so much to see I’m not sure I will be able to contain my excitement for the next year and a half.

Thank you goddessofstrife for your good wishes.

Lots and lots of planning for me now, I’m sure I will be back asking lots of questions about ports, tours etc, oh and not forgetting all the lovely clothes I will need to buy so several shopping trips will be on the agenda, with no luggage restrictions I expect I will be taking several suitcases I can see we will need one each just for the shoes, then all the formal wear, I already have quite a selection although I’m thinking some might be too formal and heavy so I will be looking for something simpler.

Edited by Brown - Eyed - Girl

B-E-G:

That is great news.

I look forward to meeting you.

We will embark on the embarcadero.:) San Francisco.

We live in Florida and have already done the ports prior to San Francisco.

I just finalized the deposits today. I am very excited. We are in a Guarantee A-1 so I hope, hope, hope that they cannot find us one in there and push us upwards.

The Grills are a fantastic experience. It is as if you are on a different ship.

BTW: My name is Evana and my husband is Alan.

If you would like to email me off the board, please use my Cruise Critic name and after that put "at aol dot com. " That way we don't have to bore others.

I have already found four really good shore excursions for the South Pacific islands. We cruised from San Francisco to Sydney in 2010 so the ports are all familiar to us.

I started a roll call on the Queen Elizabeth board as well.

Take care

Evana

Thank you for the link Evana, I know I asked for opinions and I’m very grateful for everyone’s help but I’m very new to forums and chatting with people and also a little wary of the internet so I’ll be a watcher at the moment if that’s alright with you.

Once again thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to me it was very much appreciated.