Disembarking in Vancouver but the flight is late a night. What to do in Vancouver?

HDBoy

Xlxo - a HUGE THANK YOU!!!

we followed your directives to a t and had a FANTASTIC day in Vancouver.

Out only variation was a quick dinner at rogue downtown to watch the end of the nba finals instead of heading to the airport for dinner. We adored grouse and capillano. Canadians do it right!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Vancouver is a great place to be stuck without a boat or plane... if only a few hours...

Possible itinerary....

• 8am enjoy the breakfast that you paid for
  • 9am debarkation, look for luggage and customs
  • 9:45 walk over to CDS luggage and for $40 have your luggage ship to their airport for pickup
  • 10:15 walk outside to the Pan Pacific and look for the Grouse Mountain shuttle
  • 11:30am up the Gondola to catch the views, wildlife and shows
  • 4pm off Grouse and ask if the driver offers a drop off at Capilano. If not, public transit to Capilano
  • 4:30pm enter the Capilano Suspension bridge
  • 6pm catch one of the last free shuttles back downtown
  • 7pm catch the subway to the airport
  • 7:45pm arrive at airport to look for International Arrivals CDS luggage to retrieve luggage. Decide if you plan to stay longer to experience the Canadian lifestyle.
  • 8pm elevator upstairs to US departures... you are asked to check-in 3 hours pre-flight for customs and your security searches (hand, body, luggage, carry-on's, liquids, weapons, ULU's, and WMD's)
  • 10pm dinner at the airport
  • 11pm wheels up with dreams on your return to Vancouver on a future flight for more fun because you ran out of time!

Thank You XlXO for the detailed itinerary. We slightly deviated after seeing the Capilano bridge. We took the free shuttle to Canada Place and had dinner there. Then we took the train to YVR airport and the ride cost us $2.75 pp for 18 minutes ride.

Transferring the luggage through CDS was an excellent suggestion. We transferred 7 luggage from the cruise terminal to airport of $70. Well worth it.

Vancouver is a beautiful, clean city. Public transportation was excellent. We plan to visit in future.

Edited by HDBoy

Vancouver is a great place to be stuck without a boat or plane... if only a few hours...

Possible itinerary....

•  
  • 8am enjoy the breakfast that you paid for

• 9am debarkation, look for luggage and customs

• 9:45 walk over to CDS luggage and for $40 have your luggage ship to their airport for pickup

• 10:15 walk outside to the Pan Pacific and look for the Grouse Mountain shuttle

• 11:30am up the Gondola to catch the views, wildlife and shows

• 4pm off Grouse and ask if the driver offers a drop off at Capilano. If not, public transit to Capilano

• 4:30pm enter the Capilano Suspension bridge

• 6pm catch one of the last free shuttles back downtown

• 7pm catch the subway to the airport

• 7:45pm arrive at airport to look for International Arrivals CDS luggage to retrieve luggage. Decide if you plan to stay longer to experience the Canadian lifestyle.

• 8pm elevator upstairs to US departures... you are asked to check-in 3 hours pre-flight for customs and your security searches (hand, body, luggage, carry-on's, liquids, weapons, ULU's, and WMD's)

• 10pm dinner at the airport

• 11pm wheels up with dreams on your return to Vancouver on a future flight for more fun because you ran out of time!

[YOUTUBE]rx-ClLHK3Yg[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]RJZcYalXkPg[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]pJdkKFNLYOE[/YOUTUBE]

We were hoping you could make some suggestions:

DH and I are taking a cruise on the Celebrity Infinity in June 2017. Could you edit the above itinerary you suggested for us?

We live in Florida and were thinking about flying back on the same day that we dock. What time frame should we plan to fly out? I'm asking because you mentioned we needed to be at the airport 3 hours before the flight.

What time does the Infinity start to allow passengers to disembark?

Thank you for all your info!

We were hoping you could make some suggestions:

DH and I are taking a cruise on the Celebrity Infinity in June 2017. Could you edit the above itinerary you suggested for us?

We live in Florida and were thinking about flying back on the same day that we dock. What time frame should we plan to fly out? I'm asking because you mentioned we needed to be at the airport 3 hours before the flight.

What time does the Infinity start to allow passengers to disembark?

Thank you for all your info!

OK... I see you want to go to Deltona.... I think Orlando MCO is the closest major city you want to fly to...

Looking at Expedia.... most one stop flights occur before 9am. You need an overnight Vancouver hotel. Delta is operating a red-eye flight at 12:35am.

Looking at July 2016..... The Infinity docks at 7am on Sunday. Here's a possible schedule.

• 7am docks
  • 7:30am first passengers walk the plank
  • 8am.... go enjoy breakfast
  • 9:20am... you leisurely stroll off the boat after the worst of the crowds have gone.
  • 9:45am.... after collecting luggage and clearing customs.... go look for CDS baggage. $40 sends your luggage to the airport or an overnight hotel.
  • 10am.... grab the Grouse Mountain shuttle
  • 10:30am.... Gondola! Theatre in the Sky? Bears? Eye of the Wind? Lumberjack show? Bird Show? Hiking? Zip Lining?
  • 2:30pm.... off the Mountain and ask the shuttle driver if there is a drop off at Capilano. If not... public transit or taxi to Capilano
  • 3pm.... enter Capilano
  • 4:30pm.... return shuttle downtown
  • 5pm.... you still have time before that red-eye..... Stanley Park? Granville Island? Gastown?
  • 7pm.... dinner? or Fly Over Canada
  • 8:30 go to the hotel. Or 35 minute subway to airport.
  • 9pm.... look for CDS luggage at international arrivals on the first floor
  • 9:15pm.... up the elevator to US departures for your 3 hour check-in, customs, and searches...
  • 12:30am.... wheels up with your dreams on your return to Vancouver because you didn't budget enough time!

Edited by xlxo

OK... I see you want to go to Deltona.... I think Orlando MCO is the closest major city you want to fly to...

Looking at Expedia.... most one stop flights occur before 9am. You need an overnight Vancouver hotel. Delta is operating a red-eye flight at 12:35am.

Looking at July 2016..... The Infinity docks at 7am on Sunday. Here's a possible schedule.

•  
  • 7am docks

• 7:30am first passengers walk the plank

• 8am.... go enjoy breakfast

• 9:20am... you leisurely stroll off the boat after the worst of the crowds have gone.

• 9:45am.... after collecting luggage and clearing customs.... go look for CDS baggage. $40 sends your luggage to the airport or an overnight hotel.

• 10am.... grab the Grouse Mountain shuttle

• 10:30am.... Gondola! Theatre in the Sky? Bears? Eye of the Wind? Lumberjack show? Bird Show? Hiking? Zip Lining?

• 2:30pm.... off the Mountain and ask the shuttle driver if there is a drop off at Capilano. If not... public transit or taxi to Capilano

• 3pm.... enter Capilano

• 4:30pm.... return shuttle downtown

• 5pm.... you still have time before that red-eye..... Stanley Park? Granville Island? Gastown?

• 7pm.... dinner? or Fly Over Canada

• 8:30 go to the hotel. Or 35 minute subway to airport.

• 9pm.... look for CDS luggage at international arrivals on the first floor

• 9:15pm.... up the elevator to US departures for your 3 hour check-in, customs, and searches...

• 12:30am.... wheels up with your dreams on your return to Vancouver because you didn't budget enough time!

Thank you so much for all the ideas. We are arriving from MCO the day before the cruise to explore. If we didn't want to take the red eye, I assume we can disembark at 7:30 and plan a flight leaving Vancouver at 11:00 or later...right?

It's recommended flights to be noon or later... it can be very busy at the cruise terminal before 9am.... especially on multi ship days. Otherwise.... Vancouver is a great place to be without a boat or plane.

Looking at Expedia again.... in addition to the 11am flights... I see there are flights options around 12:45pm..... I recommend these later flights to minimize stress levels.

Looking at Expedia again.... in addition to the 11am flights... I see there are flights options around 12:45pm..... I recommend these later flights to minimize stress levels.

Thank you so much for your insight!! I hadn't been back to the forums in a while. If we are taking a 12:45 flight, how early do we need to be at the airport? 3 hours early? 2?

yep.... you want to be at airport 3 hours pre-flight...

• 8:30am is when I would start walking off the ship
  • 9:10am is the latest you want to be in a cab
  • 9:45am arrive at airport
  • 12:45pm wheels up

yep.... you want to be at airport 3 hours pre-flight...

•  
  • 8:30am is when I would start walking off the ship

• 9:10am is the latest you want to be in a cab

• 9:45am arrive at airport

• 12:45pm wheels up

Thanks again!

On a side question, any suggestions for a hotel? I know the pan pacific gets your luggage to the ship (since we are staying the night before). Any suggestions? I know we'll have to pay a pretty penny but wanted to have choices. DH and I are really looking forward to this!

On a side question, any suggestions for a hotel? I know the pan pacific gets your luggage to the ship (since we are staying the night before). Any suggestions? I know we'll have to pay a pretty penny but wanted to have choices. DH and I are really looking forward to this!
The Fairmont Waterfront and Fairmont Pacific Rim also offers cruise luggage transfers.

I think you are looking for a room on June 3rd... what's your budget?

Edited by xlxo

Looking on Booking.com in USD

• $160 Residence Inn Marriott Vancouver
  • $180 Delta Vancouver Suites » Like the large rooms and it's only 5 blocks from the cruise terminal
  • $183 Rosedale on Robson » Suites!
  • $185 Hampton Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown
  • $206 Century Plaza
  • $215 Holiday Inn
  • $228 Auberge » 3 blocks from cruise terminal
  • $312 Sheraton Wall Centre
  • $336 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle
  • $357 Westin Grand
  • $366 Hyatt Regency
  • $382 Trump
  • $458 Westin Bayshore
  • $459 Shangri-La
  • $488 Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
  • $531 Four Seasons
  • $565 Fairmont Pacific Rim
  • $675 Pan Pacific

I think it's too early to look for hotels. Some say hotel prices look better 10 months out. Perhaps look again in September.

Otherwise, from the list above..... I like Delta or Rosedale for this budget traveler.

Auberge is a 3rd choice for close access to cruise terminal.

I haven't stayed at these hotels.... but they are popular in these forums.

Don't forget to factor in the other costs as well, such as whether the hotel offers a cruiseport shuttle, and whether stuff like breakfast and in-room wifi are included or are an additional charge.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Robson for our trip this year and were pleased with the hotel and location. The cruiseport shuttle worked out well and saved dragging a bunch of luggage. Wifi worked well and the included breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn breakfast.

Looking on Booking.com in USD

•  
  • $160 Residence Inn Marriott Vancouver

• $180 Delta Vancouver Suites » Like the large rooms and it's only 5 blocks from the cruise terminal

• $183 Rosedale on Robson » Suites!

• $185 Hampton Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown

• $206 Century Plaza

• $215 Holiday Inn

• $228 Auberge » 3 blocks from cruise terminal

• $312 Sheraton Wall Centre

• $336 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle

• $357 Westin Grand

• $366 Hyatt Regency

• $382 Trump

• $458 Westin Bayshore

• $459 Shangri-La

• $488 Fairmont Hotel Vancouver

• $531 Four Seasons

• $565 Fairmont Pacific Rim

• $675 Pan Pacific

I think it's too early to look for hotels. Some say hotel prices look better 10 months out. Perhaps look again in September.

Otherwise, from the list above..... I like Delta or Rosedale for this budget traveler.

Auberge is a 3rd choice for close access to cruise terminal.

I haven't stayed at these hotels.... but they are popular in these forums.

Thank you thank you thank you!! [emoji2][emoji41]

I appreciate all your advice!

We just finished a cruise that ended in Vancouver, and had a 10pm flight that evening. I had all the same questions! We did send our luggage to the airport as others have mentioned with CDS Baggage for $40 (that's Canadian, with my Cap One credit card it was $30US so good deal!). Spent a lot of time in enormous and wonderful Stanley Park- highly recommend renting bikes! We then took the Aquabus over to Granville Island. Great city! Wish we had more time there!