Excursions in New York.

berpat

Arriving in New York on July 1st and then to Boston and Halifax. On our return to New York for one day only what excursions could we expect to be offered by Cunard?

Usually you are able to get a shopping trip to Macy's for a few hours Or

The Highlights of New York.

Depends on the numbers.

You could always use a private hire taxi

http://www.arecibocc.com/

Edited by Pennbank

There are many excursions shown on the Destinations page but when we did the roundtrip via Halifax a couple of years ago, I emailed Cunard about possible excursions and this is the reply I got:

I can confirm that the majority of the New York City tours are sold onboard due to it being dependant on the number of in transit guests travelling on that sector. In the important information for New York, we do advise the following

Guests not leaving or joining in New York Due to the varying number of guests continuing their voyage and visiting New York as a port call, only one tour option, New York Highlights, will be available to pre-book. During your voyage, depending on final guest numbers and the demand, the tour office will offer one or two additional tours which can be booked directly on board. A general overview of the New York tour options are available on the Cunard website, however it is important to note that these are examples only and cannot be guaranteed to operate.

Sounds like we are on the same cruise as you..20 night round trip from Southampton departing 23rd June. I too contacted Cunard since there was nothing in our booklet about NY trips and was given the same message about trips being available once onboard.

We are hoping that there will be one covering the 9/11 memorial or at least a shuttle that gets you into the city centre from Brooklyn.

Less than one month till we are onboard!

Sounds like we are on the same cruise as you..20 night round trip from Southampton departing 23rd June. I too contacted Cunard since there was nothing in our booklet about NY trips and was given the same message about trips being available once onboard.

We are hoping that there will be one covering the 9/11 memorial or at least a shuttle that gets you into the city centre from Brooklyn.

Less than one month till we are onboard!

No there isn't a shuttle. What there will be is a transfer called Manhattan Transfer at a cost of around $50.

recent threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2336394

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2303417