OK, so I am trying EZ Air for the first time

Oh2B@C

I am using ez fare for the first time next year. I almost used it for our Alaska trip but was able to get much better pricing on my own. This time EZ air has beat all the other pricing (exception is Southwest as March 2017 isn't open for booking yet). We are flying RT non stop Orlando Lax in premium economy for 125 pp more than the best economy seats I could find at flight times that worked very well. On flights longer than 3 hrs DH really needs the extra room. He gets pretty antsy in the seat and not a happy traveler. The extra $ is worth it. I was also able to get the overnight flight for the return which gives us a day to tour LA without another hotel stay expense.

Another plus: if Southwest comes out with a better deal, you can cancel ezAir with no penalty (up until 45 days prior of course).

No, I did not pay for the cruise and EZ Air with my Delta American Express card and I still got the free checked bags.

They may have been free because it was a transatlantic flight. When we flew to Rome last year on Delta our checked bags were included. And beer/wine :p