OK, so I am trying EZ Air for the first time

Oh2B@C

I was pondering my travel options to get from Vancouver BC to LAX for my Ruby 10-Day Mexico cruise in January. Was feeling a little down at the flight prices on Air Canada and Westjet. In an email to a friend I mentioned that it would be great if airlines let you book any fare (including sale fares) and cancel later at no charge. Then I went into My Account on Princess.com and checked out EZ Air. I'd always been wary of using a go-between, but when I saw EZ Air's fare and the conditions attached to the FLEXIBLE fare (which was cheaper than the RESTRICTED FARE:confused:), I had to get a closer look.

So, still wondering if this is too good to be true, here's what I'm getting:

> $275 CAD round trip on Delta (Air Canada and Westjet were both above $400 CAD)

> I don't have to pay now, I can wait until final payment in late October

> I can cancel without any penalty or charge up to 45 days before sailing

Price on Delta website is $293 CAD but fare is non-refundable and payable immediately.

With independent arrangements I would have to pay NOW and the cheapest fare in non-refundable. Add to that the fact that if my flight to LAX is delayed etc and I miss getting on the ship, Princess will get me to the next port (San Diego, shouldn't be too hard;))

So, am I missing anything here??? Is this really the good deal it seems to be? Yeah, I am a sceptic until I experience it for myself. Definitely willing to try this out for the flexibility and the cost savings.

We do EZ-Air quite often and find the same thing. We are booked for DFW->Rome for a transatlantic cruise on the Royal in October. We are flying business class on Delta end by booking as First Class, we saved $200 over business class. Our flights including first class from FLL to DFW is $1691, restricted was above $7000

How does EZ air work with carryon luggage fees?

I know the EZ air flights, I’m looking at, are Delta flights. There are no other air carriers with nonstop for my destination.

I have the Delta American Express card and when I book flights with the card I get one free carryon bag per person. Do any of you have knowledge about this situation?

Edited by TwoCruisers

The EZ air fares here in Europe are great too. We fly from London to Athens to board Royal Princess via a Princess airport transfer. Should be stress free as Princess will get us to the ship whatever happens!

We are paying about half the going rate for air for an upcoming cruise, but not until final payment. The price has dropped twice already and I check daily. We have next port guarantee which saves us an expensive pre-cruise night too. Combined with Princess insurance, our whole trip is insured. It's a good thing.

HOWEVER...we have had Princess change our EZ Air airline in the past, costing us about $100 more in baggage fees. I wasn't thrilled about that but we had a special air deal that had saved us $700pp, so we just sucked it up. But last time we used EZ Air, we had no surprises.

Even with the flexible fare, you can have it ticketed earlier than the 45 days. You lose the "flexible" if you do that but it does allow for a better chance at your selected seats. As I understood the Princess agent: you do select your seats in advance (when reserving the EZ Air flight) but until ticketed, you have the possibility of the seats being changed.

We're booked on Alaska Airlines via EZ Air and when I sign into our frequent flier account, I cannot see the seat selection (and, the flight itself doesn't show up in the same section of the account as it would if I had booked directly with Alaska Airlines...but I did eventually find it).

We booked departure flight with EZ Air and then booked our return flight ourselves as it was cheaper on Southwest.

I know the EZ air flights, I’m looking at, are Delta flights. There are no other air carriers with nonstop for my destination.

I have the Delta American Express card and when I book flights with the card I get one free carryon bag per person. Do any of you have knowledge about this situation?

I’m sorry for the incorrect info in my earlier question. I was in a hurry and put in “Carry On” luggage fees. I actually meant just the regular luggage fees.

I’m sorry for the incorrect info in my earlier question. I was in a hurry and put in “Carry On” luggage fees. I actually meant just the regular luggage fees.

EZ Air doesn't collect for luggage - the airlines do. So when you check in the bag you should be able to use the card. Since you didn't book with them directly they may not know if you used your card to purchase EZ Air, so you might have to talk to an agent.

Baggage charges are not a part of EZ air. You pay any charges to the airline at check in. If you get one free carry on per person, that's what you'll get. Just be sure to bring your documentation (card) from Delta.

And FYI, we've gotten some great rates--always cheaper than what we could book on our own.

Edited by moki'smommy

Be aware that you will not be allowed to board the ship in San Diego if your booked itinerary disembarks in Los Angeles as that would be a violation of the PVSA (Passenger Vessel Services Act.) No cruise line can knowingly allow you to violate US law. Your nationality is immaterial. EZ Air would have to get you to the first Mexican port.

Be aware that you will not be allowed to board the ship in San Diego if your booked itinerary disembarks in Los Angeles as that would be a violation of the PVSA (Passenger Vessel Services Act.) No cruise line can knowingly allow you to violate US law. Your nationality is immaterial. EZ Air would have to get you to the first Mexican port.

D'OH!!! Curse this ridiculous antiquated law!!

However, this does settle a nagging question I hadn't yet still resolved: to fly the day of, or to fly the day before as I usually do. Now that I know I couldn't board the ship in SD, that settles it. Day before.:cool:

EZ Air doesn't collect for luggage - the airlines do. So when you check in the bag you should be able to use the card. Since you didn't book with them directly they may not know if you used your card to purchase EZ Air, so you might have to talk to an agent.

I used EZ Air with Delta for my recent transatlantic cruise. I went to Delta.com and put in the airline confirmation # as shown on my EZ Air booking. The booking came up and I added my Delta Skymile account #. I have always used my Delta American Express to pay for Delta purchases and when I went to check in on-line for my flight to Ft Lauderdale it already showed I was eligible for one free checked bag each for my husband and myself. I hope this helps.

I used EZ Air with Delta for my recent transatlantic cruise. I went to Delta.com and put in the airline confirmation # as shown on my EZ Air booking. The booking came up and I added my Delta Skymile account #. I have always used my Delta American Express to pay for Delta purchases and when I went to check in on-line for my flight to Ft Lauderdale it already showed I was eligible for one free checked bag each for my husband and myself. I hope this helps.

Thank you for the information. I have one more question for you. Did you pay for the EZ air with your Delta American Express card? I’m not sure if that is a requirement for the free checked bags.

Thank you for the information. I have one more question for you. Did you pay for the EZ air with your Delta American Express card? I’m not sure if that is a requirement for the free checked bags.

No, I did not pay for the cruise and EZ Air with my Delta American Express card and I still got the free checked bags.

No, I did not pay for the cruise and EZ Air with my Delta American Express card and I still got the free checked bags.

Thank you so much!

I love Cruise Critic and Cruise Critic people. They are always so helpful.:D

Another reason for booking EZAir is that Princess takes better care of you in a "situation." We were on the cruise out of Houston that was delayed by 24 hours. People who booked "the whole package" of cruise, EZAir, and transfers were taken to a nice hotel which was paid for by Princess, and shuttled back to the terminal the next day.

People who had arranged their own transportation were "on their own" to make their hotel arrangements and get there.

We had private insurance, not thru Princess...so that was not a part of the requirement.

Another reason for booking EZAir is that Princess takes better care of you in a "situation." We were on the cruise out of Houston that was delayed by 24 hours. People who booked "the whole package" of cruise' date=' EZAir, and transfers were taken to a nice hotel which was paid for by Princess, and shuttled back to the terminal the next day.

People who had arranged their own transportation were "on their own" to make their hotel arrangements and get there.

We had private insurance, not thru Princess...so that was not a part of the requirement.[/quote']

And what if I have cruise+EZ Air but not the transfers?

And what if I have cruise+EZ Air but not the transfers?

Then you either take a taxi to the Princess-arranged accommodations or purchase a transfer right at the airport. The big issues are the flight and any required hotel and you would be covered by using EZ Air.

As others have noted, you are eligible for a free checked bag based on your Delta AMEX card even if you paid for your ticket with a Princess Visa card as we often do. You can also log into your Sky Miles account, "My Trips", enter your confirmation number from your Cruise Personalizer and the booking will come up. If you want to change seats, you may do so there.

Delta often changes their flights so we have had them change flights so our connection would not be possible. When that occurs, we go to the Delta web site and do a mock booking. Then we call Princess, give them the preferred flights, they call Delta and Delta gives us the alternative at the previous price even if that alternative is not offered through ezAir. Sounds impossible but we have done it twice already.

Harry

As others have noted, you are eligible for a free checked bag based on your Delta AMEX card even if you paid for your ticket with a Princess Visa card as we often do. You can also log into your Sky Miles account, "My Trips", enter your confirmation number from your Cruise Personalizer and the booking will come up. If you want to change seats, you may do so there.

Delta often changes their flights so we have had them change flights so our connection would not be possible. When that occurs, we go to the Delta web site and do a mock booking. Then we call Princess, give them the preferred flights, they call Delta and Delta gives us the alternative at the previous price even if that alternative is not offered through ezAir. Sounds impossible but we have done it twice already.

Harry

Above paragraph should read "Delta often changes their flights AND in the past they have changed our flights so our connection would not be possible."

Harry

I am using ez fare for the first time next year. I almost used it for our Alaska trip but was able to get much better pricing on my own. This time EZ air has beat all the other pricing (exception is Southwest as March 2017 isn't open for booking yet). We are flying RT non stop Orlando Lax in premium economy for 125 pp more than the best economy seats I could find at flight times that worked very well. On flights longer than 3 hrs DH really needs the extra room. He gets pretty antsy in the seat and not a happy traveler. The extra $ is worth it. I was also able to get the overnight flight for the return which gives us a day to tour LA without another hotel stay expense.