Fantasia - Sun Deck

Hami1966

Hi Everyone,

As I understand it there is an adults only sun deck on Fantasia for Aurea customers. Can I as a Fantastica customer pay to use this facility? Don't mind kids I just like to be able get a sunbed. Thanks Chris x

Hi Chris, you can indeed pay to use it - the top 18 solarium. I can't remember how much it is...

At the back of the ship there is the Lido di Catalano or something similar, there are very few kids there and usually plenty of sunbeds available, and a small pool and 2 hot tubs

Tim

If you don't mind kids you will be happy on the Fantasia. Screaming kids everywhere! That should not be surprising since MSC does not charge for kids. I purposely chose to sail the Med in May thinking most of the kids would still be in school. The pool decks including the rear "Zen" area that was supposedly only for adults was always packed with people and almost impossible to find a chair. We stayed out on our aft balcony and avoided the top decks at all cost. For me I have learned with this cruise that the smaller the ship the better.

Thank you - we are going to the Middle East in December before the schools finish for Christmas so we shall see. Thanks for the prices although I'm going to try to smuggle a couple of loungers onto the balcony [emoji3]

We've been on a few MSC Med winter cruisers and never had a problem with children.

The Top 18 on the Fantasia is a great area but very windy when at sea.

The area around the rear pool is more sheltered and therefore more busy.

Enjoy

Other than the school holiday periods, runaway children are usually not a problem. That said, there can always be a few that untended by their parents, do cause undue disturbances; running and screaming in the corridors, playing on the dance floor so mummy and daddy can photograph them, running through the restaurants, etc. The problem is the parents much more than the kids.

If you don't mind kids you will be happy on the Fantasia. Screaming kids everywhere! That should not be surprising since MSC does not charge for kids. I purposely chose to sail the Med in May thinking most of the kids would still be in school. The pool decks including the rear "Zen" area that was supposedly only for adults was always packed with people and almost impossible to find a chair. We stayed out on our aft balcony and avoided the top decks at all cost. For me I have learned with this cruise that the smaller the ship the better.

Hi Joseph, we are looking at booking an aft balcony, deck 12 on the fantasia. Do you have any pics you could share please? Or tips :)

Hi Joseph, we are looking at booking an aft balcony, deck 12 on the fantasia. Do you have any pics you could share please? Or tips :)

Brad,,,we stayed in aft stateroom 12266 onboard MSC Divina which is Fantasia's sister ship. Here is a pic of our balcony,,not quite as big as the balconies on deck 10 or 11,,but it was perfect for us!!

2L0A0499_zpsu9kxbrxo.jpg

Edited by Mikesa1721

Hi Joseph, we are looking at booking an aft balcony, deck 12 on the fantasia. Do you have any pics you could share please? Or tips

Here are some pics for you. I did post a review on the cruise that you can go out an read. In essence, I loved the aft cabin and think it is the best possible location and was the best thing about my cruise. Photos show the cabin and the view experience each night, this one sailing out of Naples at sunset with the isle of Capri off in the distance, another as we were entering the port of La Spezia. Views and the sound of the wake were simply breathtaking. I felt as if in my own private yacht in the back of the ship. The rest of the experience and dealing with the buffet was not so good as you will read in my review. Hope this helps your with your decision.

IMG_6857.jpg.239bf2da5ededad7187fb19f007f89ac.jpg

IMG_7106.jpg.382aaeeb66a72e7a9e9ecb5a15a12fc1.jpg

IMG_6913.jpg.77aa414adaf744d9a4c01c8f83f9104e.jpg

IMG_7113.jpg.054bf7e3416baf8986e2a8a376c0ca31.jpg

Edited by joseph123

Hi guys, thanks so much for the information and pics. We have booked the Fantasia for Jan 9 2018, we did look at deck 10 & 11 for the larger balcony, but alas, all sold already!!!

We are travelling with friends, so hopefully we can get the balcony divider opened to give us a larger space.

Any other hints, tips or suggestions about MSC that we need to know about?

Other than the school holiday periods, runaway children are usually not a problem. That said, there can always be a few that untended by their parents, do cause undue disturbances; running and screaming in the corridors, playing on the dance floor so mummy and daddy can photograph them, running through the restaurants, etc. The problem is the parents much more than the kids.

That's the best part for us anyway!! Never take my eyes off my kiddies and they certainly don't run anywhere but love dancing with them on the dance floor!!! I have 2 girls aged 7 & 9 who love dancing and music and wont be off the floor:D!!! Not in the nightclub though!!!