Which Ship? Fantasy(Mobile) or Triumph(New Orleans)

According to my PVP, the Fantasy is scheduled for dry dock before moving to Mobile and she will get "everything", including Guys (edit: Just checked the Carnival site. Looks like she is already out of dry dock). Based on that we booked her for our spring break cruise next year. If you're not cruising with kids (we prefer ships with the Waterworks park), I think the ships will be about the same experience by the time the Fantasy moves to Mobile.

Having cruised on the Triumph's sister ships (Sunshine, Valor, Conquest, Glory), I will tell you that crowding in the common areas can be an issue. We have not experienced crowding issues on the Fantasy's sister ships, the Elation and Fascination. So, if all the other amenities are equal, we would go with the Fantasy class ship. It really depends on what is important to you. Use the ship comparison tool on Carnival's site to help you decide.

Edited by saharaga

We have been on the Glory and the Triumph and I don't care for the layout of that ship at all. I feel like it doesn't flow well. We are doing the Fantasy in 11 days, and while we haven't been on the Fantasy, we have been on Fantasy class ships. I like the layout of this ship much better and now that they have the 2.0 upgrades, I'm really looking forward to it!

I've been out of both ports, they were equally as easy to get in and out of. Love porting out of both. I have sailed Fantasy but not since her upgrades. Enjoyed our trip on her, no problem with crowds, we didn't have guys burgers when we were on her. That would be an awesome touch.

I am scheduled to sail on Triumph in Oct. so can't compare them until then. Went with Triumph this time because I wanted to try a different ship and a different class. Not too concerned with the crowds since the tend to be mostly around the pools from what I hear an I don't do the ship pools anyways.

I think all things considered they are pretty equal, definitely in what is offered on board and ease of port. I would base it on price and location to you.

We like the Fantasy class and have sailed on them many times. I am sure the Triumph is a great ship too, I am glad to see her back in New Orleans. In experiences, we have always had excellent service in New Orleans and have always been on the ship by noon. Five years ago out of Mobile it took us until 2:00. I understand New Orleans has assigned boarding now so that is one reason why we have chosen the Fantasy out of Mobile for our next cruise. Either one you chose will be great.