Knowing Carnival Ships on Sight

Foxinspace

So...

I've done 3 cruises and I have been in love with cruising from the first. Every trip we have ended up docked with another Carnival ship (or passing close by one) I always end up straining to see the other ship and trying to see her name. Am I alone on this? Does anyone else run to a window to see the other ships?

What I would love is to be able to know them on sight! Is that Cock-a-doodle crazy?

I have spent a lot of hours pouring over deck plans while researching future cruises. I can tell most "types" of ships by their Lido deck plans (although not individual ships within a class). Anyone have any tips for telling the Carnival Ships Apart by sight?

Thanks fellow enthusiasts!!

A couple of things come to mind....any ship since 2008 & after will have the "sleeker" whale tail (also the Spirit class have a similar looking tail with a glass front for the supper club) The older ships have the older style funnel. Dream class also has a more rounded aft ;) as compared to the Conquest class. Splendor has a windowed section midships on Lido ( I think that's the deck) that the Conquest class, Sunshine, TR & VI lack.

It will be difficult to tell individual ships within a class.

Paradise and one other does not have water works, so they stand out in the Fantasy class.

The Dream has yellow and blue water slides iirc and not the orange and yellow of the Breeze and Magic. Also Dream has no ropes course as I recall.

Ships are like so many things today cookie cutter designs.

But you are not alone, I'm a big ship buff and definately see who is in port with us.

A couple of things come to mind....any ship since 2008 & after will have the "sleeker" whale tail (also the Spirit class have a similar looking tail with a glass front for the supper club) The older ships have the older style funnel. Dream class also has a more rounded aft ;) as compared to the Conquest class. Splendor has a windowed section midships on Lido ( I think that's the deck) that the Conquest class, Sunshine, TR & VI lack.

Reading this, my eyes read that as the stripper club, and I thought to myself "yup that'll definitely stand out"

Now to get my mind out of the gutter...

The last post in this thread has a good link to follow

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=142657

You can click through the options and find your ship/month and it'll show every port it hits along with what other ships are scheduled that day.

Cool!! I will check that out. :D

Glad to know I am not entirely alone on wanting to be all "cool" and name the ship in port just by looking at it!

Thanks for all the tips. I am going to go compare Whale Tails now!