Cheers Package or Not??

Esahuma

We are used to cruising on Celebrity (drinks all inclusive) and Royal (we get to drink free from 4-9)

Going on a 4 day Carnival in December and trying to figure if we need the Cheers package ($55 per day per person with tip) or just wing it?

We usually do a about 5 drinks per day - a Spiked coffee in the morning followed by a Bloody Mary - a martin before dinner - a glass a wine with dinner and an after dinner drink -

What are the prices of drinks on Carnival?

Thanks for the help!

Your probably at the break even point based on your habits... The good think about cheers is it includes "everything" up to $50 per drink, so the good wine, top shelf liquor, coffees (spiked), milkshakes, Pelligrino water etc are all included... Drinks to buy as you go (with tip included) are @ 10.50 for cocktails, $12 martini, wine $9-12 average, coffee $4 (spiked $8)

You are probably at $45-55 at what you stated, depending on which drinks/wine you choose. I would go ahead and get cheers so then you can try different drinks and not worry about not liking one, just order another in 5 mins with cheers. Plus you can get the non-alcoholic stuff for free too like vitamin waters and powerades. Now if you know you won't want anything but those drinks you mentioned then the decision is really a toss up, as you will be near the breakeven point.

Thank you all so much for the help - feel like IF we were to get the package - I would drink more - just because -

BUT I agree it is about a break even!

as long as you don't have the tendency to do something stupid like jump overboard when you drink more, it's okay. ;)

Edited by Computer Nerd

On thing to factor into buying the package is the freedom of being able to order what you want,mthey you want without having to think about cost. And now, with the $50 limit, you can have some fun trying higher priced wine and top shelf coctails. I personally like the truly "all inclusive" feeling when I get cheers...