Medical Dope Question

stevefrisco

Ohio just passed a law permitting medical dope. I have used it to treat my anorexia for the past 12 years to great success. In general, cruises haven't been a problem but I was wondering, are people who are patients permitted to bring their medicine on board? I will have to fly or drive to another state to get on the ship so does it depend on where the ship is sailing from?

Thanks for the help, the only threads I could find were just people complaining about smelling it on board. I actually eat my dope so no smells from me!

I was under the impression that you cannot transport drugs across state lines (since it is not legal in the other states) so the fact that your state allows it doesn't mean that you can bring it with you.

And on the ship...definitely not allowed. The dogs will pick up the scent in anything you bring (even if it's in prepared foods) and they will not care that you have a prescription for it. If it's not legal in the state where you depart, you're going to be in trouble for it.

If someone knows differently, they will post.

Ohio just passed a law permitting medical dope. I have used it to treat my anorexia for the past 12 years to great success. In general, cruises haven't been a problem but I was wondering, are people who are patients permitted to bring their medicine on board? I will have to fly or drive to another state to get on the ship so does it depend on where the ship is sailing from?

Thanks for the help, the only threads I could find were just people complaining about smelling it on board. I actually eat my dope so no smells from me!

Medical marijuana is not permitted on the ship no matter where it sails from. The reason given is its still illegal on a Federal level. I wouldnt chance it either. Dogs can hit on edibles. While Ive yet to see a drug dog, it does happen. If caught, at the very least you wouldnt be allowed to board the ship and there would be no refund.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261/~/restricted-items-list

Prohibited Items

Marijuana - We know some states passed legislation allowing the smoking of marijuana for medical or recreational purposes. However, federal law supersedes state law and marijuana, whether for medical or recreational uses is still prohibited on our ships.

Edited by ryano

It is not just the ship but you also cannot bring it onto planes to get to the ship.

It is still not legal under federal law so not allowed except in your own state.

Even in Colorado where recreational marijuana is legal the state police of neighboring states lie in wait outside of Colorado to arrest folks who bought it legally but are bringing it to their home states where it is NOT yet legal.

Be very careful what you do! By the way I'd also stop calling it "dope". Really that gives it more of a bad name!

Edited by riffatsea

Medical marijuana is not permitted on the ship no matter where it sails from. The reason given is its still illegal on a Federal level. I wouldnt chance it either. Dogs can hit on edibles. While Ive yet to see a drug dog, it does happen. If caught, at the very least you wouldnt be allowed to board the ship and there would be no refund.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261/~/restricted-items-list

Prohibited Items

Marijuana - We know some states passed legislation allowing the smoking of marijuana for medical or recreational purposes. However, federal law supersedes state law and marijuana, whether for medical or recreational uses is still prohibited on our ships.

I can see it now if it was even allowed with a doctor's note. Doctor's notes would be bought on the internet like people bringing their pets with the paperwork they bought on line.

Your first "They" is Big Pharm- can you prove they have killed countless people. .

Why dont you do your own research. It is no hidden secret that pharmaceutical drugs cause more deaths than ALL illegal drugs combined. Look it up. Its real simple.

But go on living with your head in the sand thinking pot is bad and your prescrip drugs are all good. Sooner or later it will be legal for medicinal purposes on a Federal level and you will just have to live with it even on your cruises. Oh the horror I tell ya!