Grandeur of the Seas Review with Pictures- May 12, 2016

Hi from western Fairfax!

I'd love to cruise out of Baltimore (so close!), but DH likes only ships from Voyager class and up. Have you cruised on any bigger ships? I'd like to know your opinion of sailing on Grandeur.

Looking forward to more of your photos,

We've been on Explorer of the Seas twice, and that was the ship we sailed on most recently. When comparing Grandeur's centrum to Explorer's royal promenade area, I actually liked the centrum better. For me, it was easier to find a seat and relax by the centrum. I memorize routes and directions easily, so I was able to find my way around Grandeur soon after we got on board, but my mom and our family friend had more issues with that. Grandeur didn't feel so small that we were running into the same people everywhere. I liked both Explorer and Grandeur about the same, and they are both great ships.

Day Two

On the second day of our trip, we were at sea. I set my alarm for 8:00 so we could get to breakfast in the main dining room around 9:00. Our plan for the day after breakfast was to meet again for lunch in the MDR around 12:30, go to arts at crafts at 1:30, and have dinner at 7:15. The captain’s welcome aboard reception was at 7:00 in the Centrum. My notes show that there was a movie playing at 2:00, and there were pool games at 1:00. The headliner show that night was at 8:45 and 10:30. I only went to the welcome aboard and farewell shows, but our family friend went to all of the shows, and they were her favorite part of the trip. My mom went to some of the shows with her, and she liked them as well.

For breakfast, I had a ham omelet. It was good. Later in the trip, I got an omelet from the Windjammer, and that one tasted and looked different. The omelets in the MDR were all really good, but I found the omelet in the Windjammer to not be good. Since the eggs looked different, maybe they used a different type of egg or egg substitute in the Windjammer, but I don’t know for sure. Anyway, at breakfast, we had three or four different waiters getting us stuff. There was a small buffet set up in the MDR that had fruit, granola, cereal, milk, and juice. If somebody ordered any of that food, I believe that the waiters would go to that buffet to get the food. I believe that I noticed that a few people were seated a few minutes after the MDR was supposed to have closed for breakfast. After breakfast, I walked my mom and our family friend up to the Solarium. I went to Park Café, and found breakfast sandwiches being served. I grabbed an English muffin egg sandwich, which was really good, and I had them on multiple days of the trip. I can’t eat too much lactose and I’m a really picky eater in general, so I don’t eat cheese. It was easy enough for me to scrape the cheese off of these sandwiches, which is something that I do all the time. I ended up sitting in the Solarium while eating, and then went off to walk around the ship a bit before lunch, mainly on the promenade deck. On most cruises, that’s where I spend most of my time. I did not end up spending much time there this cruise due to the weather. On this day, I had a hoodie over my tank top the whole time, and I was still a bit cold. I ended up spending most of my time in the Solarium. Since it was enclosed, it stayed warm enough for me, regardless of the weather on the other side of the windows.

Edited-1_zpszweovjiz.jpg

Edited-6_zpsqjibswza.jpg

Edited-10_zpsmyp6xpca.jpg

Edited-14_zpsicyjmaqo.jpg

Edited-15_zpsjy3jy6qd.jpg

We ended up going to lunch closer to 12:15. I had the grilled open steak sandwich, which was good. The steak was pretty thin, and my mom liked the thing onion rings on top of it. I had the apple parcel for dessert, without ice cream. I got up and went to the tutti salad bar for my mom. She had requested just a bunch of cheese that she could put on her entrée, which was the Moroccan-style grilled pita. I ended up getting her a salad with spinach, maybe three different types of cheese, cucumbers, and oil and vinegar. Lunch took about 45 minutes.

Edited-22_zpsfzmh87wv.jpg

Edited-30_zpsa7ndnitq.jpg

After we finished eating, we went up to the Schooner bar for arts and crafts. There were five of these sessions over the course of the cruise, and we went to four of them. At the ones we went to, we made Wizard of Oz themed cards. At the session this day, it was a bit crowded, with 62 people there, but there seemed to be less and less people at all of the other sessions. This is the first card that we did. Please excuse my lack of artistic talent.

Edited-35_zpsgl8jlasv.jpg

After making the card, I walked around decks 9 and 10, taking photographs and trying to find a warm place to sit. The Solarium was moderately busy, but the main pool deck was empty. It was sunny but still a bit cool out. I think I got a bit hungry and got more food from the Windjammer, where they had a “Caribbean Corner,” I believe. I went back to the room for a bit to upload my pictures from my camera’s memory card to my laptop. I had the TV on while in the room. There were a few scratches on the screen, and the TV could be moved around a bit. It was located in an awkward place to be able to watch it while sitting on the couch.

Edited-41_zpstg2xk4bz.jpg

Edited-49_zpsrsd0ywgm.jpg

Edited-51_zpsf1s7kfo1.jpg

Edited-59_zpsbfz4gyna.jpg

Edited-64_zpsck9cyjr0.jpg

We eventually all met up in the room to get ready for dinner. I think our family friend ended up coming back to the room really early before dinner each night, even if she didn’t have to shower. I think once she told me that she didn’t have anything else to do, so I guess she didn’t enjoy just sitting on a deck and relaxing, with or without a book, like my mom and I love. Anyway, it was formal night, and we all got appropriately dressed up. We went early to get a good seat in the Centrum for the welcome aboard reception. We saw two of the aerial dancers come down, and it was announced that they would be posing for pictures. Then the captain would come out for pictures, and then make a speech. We left before the captain came out in order to make our dinner reservations. My mom was fine with that, since she got the free champagne that she wanted.

Edited-66_zpsk3p1udkc.jpg

The menu in the MDR that night was Saffron. I had the shrimp cocktail, Oakwood smoked chicken breast without the dressing, and the rosemary roasted herb chicken. The appetizers were both good, and my entrée had a good flavor. For dessert, I had the double strawberry cheesecake. I love cheesecake, so I found it to be really good. I also had pineapple sorbet, which I did not really like. It did not taste like pineapples, and I found it to have a weird after taste. We were seated with another couple that night, and the man agreed that the pineapple sorbet tasted weird. Here's the Oakwood smoked chicken breast, minus the dressing.

Edited-68_zpsrr9q4nbg.jpg

After dinner, I went out on the promenade deck to take a few pictures. My mom and our family friend went to the show that night, which was an Elton John tribute. They both thought the show was good. Since they ran a bit late getting to the show, they had trouble finding a seat, but I think that they both found their own seats, separate from each other. There were people standing in the back of the theater, watching the show. I grabbed a raspberry lemon tart and a cheesecake lollipop from Café Latte-tudes. Both of those desserts were really good. The cheesecake lollipops seemed to be popular, and they weren’t available sometimes. I sat in the Centrum and listened to the band, who was taking requests. There were three different artists that played in the Centrum, all of which were good. My mom and our family friend found me sitting there, and we went back to the room, so all three of us could try to get ready for bed at the same time, which was always interesting. That night, we had our first towel animal. Every night, I would take pictures of the Cruise Compass and plan out the next day, so we all knew what we were doing and when we had to get up by.

Here are the options of the desserts (which are free) that are offered at Cafe Latte-tudes.

Edited-71_zpss1musihn.jpg

Edited-72_zpsnae1m5px.jpg

Edited-73_zpsfsgbmuv0.jpg

I don't believe I've posted any pictures of our room already. This is what the room looked like at night. Since I get cold so easily, and my mom's usually always warm, I brought two extra blankets for my bed. I sleep with a bunch of blankets on my bed, even in the summer.

Edited-74_zpsdhh6dqug.jpg

That's it for day two, and I'll post day three as soon as I'm done with this.

That last picture in your one section looks like the Observatory. That's one place my wife and I are looking for to seeing for star gazing at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by coneyraven

Day Three

Day three was our first day in Bermuda. We got up at 9:00 and went to the Windjammer around 10:00 to have breakfast. We planned on eating lunch in the MDR around 12:30. The ship was set to be cleared around 2:00, and we wanted to get off around 2:30. Our revised plan for the day was to go shopping in the dockyard area, since we didn’t think that we could work out going to the beach with my mom’s foot. We made MTD reservations for dinner for 5:45, and wanted to be done early enough to catch the headliner show that night. It was the aerial show, which was held in the Centrum at 7:30 and 9:30. I also really wanted to go up to deck 10 and take photographs of the sunset over Bermuda, which was to take place at 8:10. After that, we planned on getting off the ship again and going a bit down the dock area, so that I could take pictures of the ship all lit up at night. There was a late night comedy show at 10:30, but nobody in our party made it to that.

Breakfast at the Windjammer was pretty good. We ate there a few times throughout the trip, and I never had any problems with it, except for my distaste for the omelet that I mentioned previously. We were always able to find a table, and a few times we had a crew member who spotted my mom on her crutches and helped us find a table. Each morning, there would be different flavored pancakes in the Windjammer, and they were all really good. This morning’s was blueberry. Along with a couple of those, I had some pastries and fruit. After breakfast, I roamed around the promenade deck until it was time to go to lunch. It was definitely warmer this day than the previous day.

Edited-3_zpszoilifvp.jpg

Edited-4_zpswaf7e1kl.jpg

This is how the Windjammer looked while breakfast was wrapping up.

Edited-5_zpsfda4ac8u.jpg

Edited-11_zps0bpnzw1p.jpg

Right before I went to meet my mom and family friend for lunch, another passenger told me that you could see land in the distance on the starboard side of the ship if I wanted to take pictures of it. I thanked him and went to check it out. While we were eating, the land kept getting closer. For lunch, I had the turkey scaloppine, which was really good. I love lemon flavoring, especially on dishes like this. I had the raspberry-chocolate ganache tart, which was also very good. My mom wasn’t that hungry, and just had the beef carpaccio. The waiter warned her that it was only the size of an appetizer, but it was perfect for how hungry she was.

This is how our room looked during the day.

Edited-14_zpsyor89x4p.jpg

Here's a picture of one of the tug boats that accompanied us while we got closer to Bermuda.

Edited-18_zpsaeijtkmt.jpg

After lunch, I went on the promenade deck to watch the ship approach land and then for us to dock. We ended up docking and getting cleared a few minutes early. I took my first picture on land at 2:48, so we must have gotten off around 2:45. We always tend to run late in comparison to the time we say we’ll be doing something, which is really weird, since my mom and I are always early for things where it actually matters, like work.

Edited-22_zpsc3sktssv.jpg

Edited-29_zps94jit9s5.jpg

Edited-35_zpsj9klt47m.jpg

Anyway, we got off the ship, and waited a few minutes for the free dockyard trolley to come around. That trolley was amazing, since my mom would not have made it that far on her crutches. We first got off at the Clocktower Mall. Once we were all inside, we all split up to do our shopping on our own. I wanted to get a few small souvenirs for my friends and coworkers. I ended up finding almost everything I needed in the first shop I went to. I paid with cash, and got a few coins back from that first shop, and those coins were all in Bermuda’s currency. I still haven’t taken them out of my wallet, so it gets confusing when I try to find change for something. My mom said that she was able to pay with her credit card for everything that she bought in Bermuda. I finished shopping first, and went outside to sit at a table. It began to drizzle, so I went back inside to hold my mom’s bags. We finished there, and took the trolley over to the craft or artisan market in the dockyard area. I’m forgetting the name of it, but it’s the one that is right next to Frog and Onion. Again, I finished my shopping first, and sat down in the area by the vending machines. We caught the trolley back to the dockyard again, and got on the ship around 5:15. We then got ready for dinner.

Edited-41_zpstaas0qco.jpg

Edited-45_zpshqsz6qba.jpg

This is what part of the Clocktower Mall looked like inside.

Edited-48_zpsouwe5bhq.jpg

Edited-67_zpsc5odoyh5.jpg

Dinner that night was the Truffle menu. I had the vegetable samosas, chilled blueberry and yogurt soup, and the Thai style prawns. The samosas were really good. There is a lot of international food where we live, and my family loves Indian food. Even though our family friend only lives one county over, she and her family don’t each as much international food as we do, nor are the used to the “fine dining” experience. One summer, I worked at a modeling camp that also taught etiquette, so I’m that person who knows all those random facts about table manners. Our family friend did not, and that was something that bothered me. Anyway, she tried my mom’s samosas and did not like them. We realized our family friend was actually more of a picky eater than I am. The soup was okay, and the entrée I had was pretty good. There were only five relatively small shrimps on the dish, but the shrimps, rice, and sauce were all really good. For her entrée, my mom got the pappardelle and fresh peas, and did not like it, mainly because the peas were mixed in. My mom told the waiter that she did not like her entrée, and, since she wasn’t that hungry, she asked if he could bring her out another serving of the samosas. Our waiter brought out a plate with six samosas on it, instead of the normal three. For dessert, I had the passion fruit meringue tart, which was pretty good, although the fruit flavor could not easily be identified as passion fruit, nor any other particular fruit. It just sort of tasted like some unidentifiable fruit. The tart was presented really nicely. My mom had the warm chocolate bread pudding. She was full, so I don’t think she ate much of it. I tried some, and it was pretty good.

These are the Thai style prawns.

Edited-71_zpsxysf1z7e.jpg

This is my mom's second round of samosas, the plate of six of them. My mom got to them before I could take a picture of them.

Edited-72_zps6mllokp1.jpg

This was my tart.

Edited-73_zpsntcqehbo.jpg

After dinner, we went to try to find a good spot in the Centrum for the aerial show. We did find good seats, but my mom ended up standing up most of the time to get a better view. I wanted to leave a bit early in order to catch the sunset, but the whole show only lasted about 20 minutes, so I was good on time. The show was pretty good. It was more of a “show,” instead of just aerial performers, so it wasn’t my sort of thing.

Edited-77_zps6h8utgdq.jpg

Edited-83_zpss2urwsjz.jpg

Before the show started, my mom went to the excursions desk. While we were on the trolley earlier, we were talking to a couple who were taking the ship-sponsored shore excursion transfer to Horseshoe Beach. I had mentioned the excursion to my mom before, but she had dismissed it. I’m not really a beach person and, long story short, my mom and our family friend decided to inquire about whether or not she’d be able to get on the beach from the bus with her crutches. My mom went to the desk and said she talked to a really nice and helpful woman, who told her she’d check if the bus would be able to bring my mom the whole way down the hill. After the show was over, my mom went back to the excursion desk and spoke to a man, who our family friend described as being blunt and not nice. Anyway, the two of them decided to take the 9:30 excursion, meaning they’d have to get up early and not go to the late night comedy.

Edited by amrgirl95

I went up to deck 10 to take pictures of the sunset. It had been overcast earlier in the day, so there wasn’t much of a sunset.

Edited-92_zps3y5uiejy.jpg

Edited-107_zpssfmnonpu.jpg

After that, I ran into the Windjammer for a snack, and then met up with my mom and our family friend. We went back to the room to change shoe and grab our passports, just in case. We got off the ship about 9:00, and were back on around 9:15, after I took some pictures.

This was the bread at the Windjammer that night.

Edited-111_zpslnlb7pab.jpg

Edited-115_zpsk4hb7grq.jpg

Edited-116_zpsfdrmbipy.jpg

Around 7:30 that evening, a code alpha, which is the code for medical emergency, was called over the ship’s PA system. When we got off the ship that night, we saw an ambulance pull up to the ship, and a person was loaded onto it. I also noticed that a lot of crew members got off the ship at night. Quite a few stayed right next to the ship and checked their phones. When we got back to our room that night, along with the Cruise Compass, we had a departure form waiting for us. This asked us what time we needed to be off the ship by, and if we needed wheelchair assistance to get off the ship.

So that's it for day three. I'll work on day four tomorrow and hopefully have it up before I go to bed tomorrow night.

That last picture in your one section looks like the Observatory. That's one place my wife and I are looking for to seeing for star gazing at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think it was something like that. Those stand things (sorry, I don't know what they're actually called) seemed to have some form of star maps I believe on them.

Really great review. I've been considering the Grandeur because Baltimore is not a bad drive for me. This is so concise and I love the pictures!

When you go on the Enchantment in August, she is the sister ship of the Grandeur. The Enchantment had 70 ' added to her. So the Grandeur will be smaller. We love the Grandeur. Try it sometime.

Sorry OP, had to chime in about the Grandeur. Now back to the great review.

When you go on the Enchantment in August, she is the sister ship of the Grandeur. The Enchantment had 70 ' added to her. So the Grandeur will be smaller. We love the Grandeur. Try it sometime.

Sorry OP, had to chime in about the Grandeur. Now back to the great review.

Thanks! Great to hear more positives.

I think it was something like that. Those stand things (sorry, I don't know what they're actually called) seemed to have some form of star maps I believe on them.
Great review, wonderful pics! Will be on Lady Grandeur August 4th, your photos are keeping me going. Am 64 looong days away from sailing!.....Thanks again.....K.O.:) Edited by Thetrail

Thank you for all the comments! Here's the next part of the review.

Day Four

Our plan for this day was for my mom and family friend to get up at 7:00, get ready, grab breakfast, and meet with their excursion on the pier around 8:45. I was going to leave the “do not disturb” sign in the door and sleep in, skipping breakfast. Around 5:30 that morning, we were all woken up by a thunderstorm outside. I really wish I had gotten up to take pictures of the lightening, but I did not want to get out of bed. My mom noted the weather outside, and declared that they were not going to get up for the excursion in a few hours. We all went back to bed. I ended up waking up on my own at 9:00, which is very, very rare for me. I got up and went to breakfast while my mom and our family friend still slept. Somehow, the exact opposite of our plan happened. My notes say that there was a crew drill at 9:30, but I think only a few announcements were made.

I went to get breakfast in the Windjammer. This is where I had the omelet that I did not like. I think I just had the omelet, some fruit, and coffee. I went up to deck ten to take a few pictures of the island with the overcast sky, but it started to rain a bit again, so I had to try to keep my camera dry. I tend to do really stupid things then try to keep my camera from getting hurt, especially at all the concerts I go to. I went to Park Café to grab another of the English muffin egg sandwiches, and some tea. I walked around the promenade deck, and it was raining on and off. Carnival Ecstasy was docked sort of behind us, and I tried to get a few pictures of the ship without getting my camera wet in the rain.

Here's the options for what can be put in the omelets in the Windjammer. You can't really see what's inside each of the cups but they had the standard offerings. The chefs asked if you wanted cheese in the omelet later, as that was off to the side.

Edited-1_zpsxkjbmv9s.jpg

Edited-3_zpsxykznyub.jpg

Edited-10_zpshzhfo4vn.jpg

Edited-13_zpsnokijedr.jpg

Edited-15_zpsbae9nptz.jpg

Edited-23_zpsdnvs0pxc.jpg

I ended up meeting up with my mom and our family friend and we grabbed lunch in the Windjammer. There were some sort of pasta that had a light flavoring that was really good. I believe there was pasta sauce you could put on it, but I really liked the pasta without any sauce.

This is a picture of the pasta.

Edited-24_zpsjhapwjvm.jpg

My mom wanted to get a massage at the spa the next day, so we walked to the rear of the ship to make her appointment. I had grand plans to go to the gym on the ship, but those never happened. Our family friend went on this day, and she said the gym was nice and had a lot of machines to use. The woman working at the spa receptionist desk was nice. We ended up using the spa restroom, which only had one toilet, but it also had public showers, a sauna, and a steam room. It also had these cute towel animals on a bench there.

Edited-26_zpstyukt5v3.jpg

Edited-27_zps4sqesxty.jpg

This was our previous towel animal, with my small monkey stuffed animal on top of it.

Edited-29_zpso9jr5xge.jpg

While our family friend was still at the gym, my mom and I went back to the promenade deck to get ready for sail away. While sitting there and talking to some people around us, I got a great message from my friend: our annoying, lazy coworker had put in her two week’s notice. I was very excited to know that she would be gone soon after I got back, especially since the lazy coworker had begun to resent me since I had been promoted and our manager threatened to demote her.

Before the cruise, I had purchases the Voom internet package. This was my first time ever using internet while on a ship. I mainly used it on my phone, and checked my laptop a couple of times. My laptop, for some reason, does gets bad Wi-Fi connection in comparison to my phone, so it was a lot slower. I used my laptop on the promenade deck a couple of times. There were a few sites that never loaded on either device, regardless of how good the connection was. I was able to check Twitter on the app very easily on my phone, and I could send messages and pictures through that app. I would need to refresh my emails and Facebook a few times before they would load. I also was unable to send any picture messages to my friends via Facebook, since the pictures would not upload, but I stayed in contact with my friend the whole trip via Facebook messages. When we got to our room on the first day, I did not have anything with the Wi-Fi access code waiting for me, that evening, I went to guest services and got it there. We also did not have our list of Crown and Anchor benefits waiting for us when we arrived, but we went to the Crown and Anchor desk the next day and got the list. With the internet, it said we would have to log in every two hours if we were inactive. I turn Wi-Fi off at night to avoid notifications popping up on my phone, so I had to log in again each morning. When we got off the ship in each port, I had to log on once again when I got back to the ship. Besides that, I did not have to log on to the Wi-Fi during the day. I never did any speed tests, and the internet was not the fastest, but it was still sufficient for what I needed while I was on vacation.

Here's a shot from sail away.

Edited-32_zpsiktpo6p0.jpg

Anyway, all aboard that day was at 2:30 and the ship was set to leave at 3:00. It was sunny again around that time. The last couple came on board around 2:40, and they got a round of cheers from those watching. The ship pulled away from the dock a bit before 3:00, and the captain said we would arrive in Nassau in two days at 12:15. He told us that time a couple of times, but I believe that we ended up arriving at either 12:00 or 12:30. After the ship left, I went back to the Solarium and had some more tea, a tart- lemon, I believe,- and one of those beef sandwiches that everybody talks about. I had never been on a ship with Park Café before, and I really liked the sandwiches. Later in the trip, I noticed that Park Café was serving what looked like the desserts from dinner in the MDR the night before. I think the tart I had may have been the same tart that I had the night before during dinner. All the desserts were good, even found possibly leftover at Park Café. After my snack, I walked around a bit more before getting ready for dinner.

Edited-40_zpsfxpxu4km.jpg

Here are some pictures from around the ship that day.

Edited-41_zpslb7yuc7b.jpg

Edited-44_zpschgtewkc.jpg

Edited-47_zpspursfxst.jpg

We had the Portobello menu that night. Every night in the MDR, cheese, onion, pumpkin, and sourdough rolls were the bread choices that were offered. One night the bread basket had a couple of the small rolls, which I believe are called savory bites. For dinner that night, I had the chilled mixed berry yogurt frappe, which was really good, and I liked it a lot better than the cold soup that I had the night before. I also had the cranberry-apple turkey roulade, which was okay. There wasn’t that much meat, but the mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce were good. For dessert, I had the honey-walnut tart without the ice cream, which was nice and warm, but it was pretty hard to cut.

After dinner, our family friend went to the headliner show, which was a ventriloquist comedy show. I read Goosebumps books as a kid, so I can’t watch ventriloquists without getting freaked out. Our family friend liked the show. My mom and I hung out in the Centrum and had snacks from Café Latte-tudes while she was at the show. The times for the show were at 7:00 and 8:45. After that, we went back to our room to go to bed. We had our second towel animal that night.

Here's the band that was playing in the Centrum that night.

Edited-55_zpssrqxnsfb.jpg

This was the towel animal we received that night.

Edited-59_zpsghoerbmo.jpg

So that's all for the fourth day of the trip. I'll work on the fifth day tomorrow and hopefully have it up tomorrow night.

Day Five

On our fifth day of the trip, we were at sea. Our plan was to wake up at 8:00, get breakfast in the main dining room at 9:00, have lunch there at 12:00, go to arts and crafts at 1:30, have dinner at 7:00, see the 8:45 show, then go to karaoke at 9:45. My mom’s spa appointment was at 2:15, and there was a belly flop competition at 1:00, but we didn’t go to that.

For breakfast, I had a ham omelet again. Due to my mom’s recommendation, I discovered that the hash browns tasted better with salt and pepper. I don’t know if I mentioned this before, but the hash browns that came with the first omelet I got were pretty flavorless. My notes say that breakfast was slow, so I guess it was. After that, I walked around for a bit and ended up in the Solarium. I got another English muffin egg sandwich, a lemon poppyseed mini muffin, and tea. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this already, but I drank a large amount of hot tea during the trip, and average amounts of coffee and iced tea. I averaged four cups of hot tea a day, along with two cups of coffee and iced tea each. One day I think I had six cups of hot tea. Surprisingly, I was still able to get to sleep easily. I think I actually did write this somewhere, but my favorite types of tea bags that the ship offered were the orange black tea, lemon black, and pure black. I tend to like a basic type of tea, such as Lipton, so if you don’t like that, then the teas offered on the ship may not appeal to your tastes. I also liked the iced tea and the coffee. I don’t drink a lot of coffee, but I liked the ship’s coffee. During his noon announcement, the captain said that we were halfway between Bermuda and the Bahamas.

Here are some pictures of the dining room during breakfast.

Edited-1_zpszmnyne9x.jpg

Edited-3_zpsnue2w4fd.jpg

After relaxing in the Solarium, I went back down to the MDR for lunch. I think this was the last time we went there for lunch, mainly because it took a really long time for us to eat there that day. I don’t know what happened, but the waiter seemed to disappear for a while before bringing us out our desserts. I ordered the char grilled palm sugar chicken, which was okay. My mom ordered the pasta special, which was some sort of cream sauce. That was the only meal the whole trip that either her or I did not like. She only disliked it because the sauce had mushrooms in it, which the waiter did not mention. The waiter did bring her another dish, the slow roasted beef strip loin, which she ended up liking a lot. We both had the warm cherry custards crepes. My mom didn’t like them, since she doesn’t like cherry, so I had one of her crepes along with my two, and they were good. At that point, we were in a rush to get to arts and crafts early to get a good seat. That day, our card was Lion from Wizard of Oz.

This are what my crepes looked like.

Edited-5_zpsxhhhp1vh.jpg

After we made our cards, my mom went to her massage. She really liked it, and said her masseuse was nice and good. I believe my mom said that she didn’t feel that pressured to buy any other items while at the spa. The masseuse told her that they were paid by tips only, which I found interesting. While my mom was at the spa, I went up to deck ten to lay in the sun a bit. I noticed that the pool decks got empty around 4:00. I think I lounged for a bit after that, then grabbed my laptop to test out the Wi-Fi on the promenade deck.

Here are some pictures from around the ship that day.

Edited-8_zpsnesqzimq.jpg

Edited-9_zpsteioxjvc.jpg

Edited-11_zps5ofprqtm.jpg