Carnival 1996

Back in June 1996, my new husband and I went on a Carnival cruise. We flew into Puerto Rico and did a 7-day cruise, returning to Puerto Rico to fly out.

We are about to celebrate our 20th anniversary on the Carnival Dream, but I'd love to know what ship we first sailed on. We don't remember the name!

Can any of the old timers or Carnival history buffs help?

Back in June 1996, my new husband and I went on a Carnival cruise. We flew into Puerto Rico and did a 7-day cruise, returning to Puerto Rico to fly out.

We are about to celebrate our 20th anniversary on the Carnival Dream, but I'd love to know what ship we first sailed on. We don't remember the name!

Well since we took our very first cruise in mid May 1996 from San Juan I am willing to bet my life it was the inspiration! We just had our 20th and will be celebrating in a few weeks on the sunshine :) Congrats and have a great time!!

ImageUploadedByForums1464394854.423936.jpg.2c17ec21e34745d2eeea29eee3ac7f3c.jpg

Here's our sign and sail cards from back then, not sure if San Juan had another carnival ship there but it was definitely the carnival inspiration[emoji4] we had such a great time and always wanted to take another cruise but haven't had a chance till now 20 years later!

I just booked a carnival cruise, my first one since 1996 and when I log in to my account now it shows the details for my last cruise (in 1996) applied to my loyalty program points. You can probably just sign up for this purpose without booking anything new.

Inspiration Sept. 1996. Ports of call we had was St thomas, St. Maarten,

Martinique, Dominica, and Barbados! 27 cruises and my absolute favorite itinerary! We had a blast!:)

Same for us in May 1996! I loved it, Barbados was amazing!!!

My VIFP shows the cruise, but without identifying info. However, Inspiration sounds familiar!

We have pictures, but none say which ship it was.

if you have pics of the atrium, it would tell it all. Inspiration had a big gold art type thing...

inspiration4.jpg

does this look familiar?? If so, it is the Inspiration:D

Inspiration Sept. 1996. Ports of call we had was St thomas, St. Maarten,

Martinique, Dominica, and Barbados! 27 cruises and my absolute favorite itinerary! We had a blast!:)

Our first cruise in March of 1996 ... loved that itinerary! The Inspiration will always have a soft spot in my heart since it was our first ship!

Edited by Sthomp

Our first cruise in March of 1996 ... loved that itinerary! The Inspiration will always have a soft spot in my heart since it was our first ship!

I loved the Inspiration... she was my first seven day cruise...prior to that, i had done 2 four days, Fantasy, and Ecstacy... I cruised on the Inspiration three times... 1996,1998, and 2000. Did other ships on the years between:)